Saturday, December 2, 2023

Women's Christmas Dinner 2023!

The Women's Christmas Dinner was on Friday, December 1st. Earlier in the day we had stopped by the Eye Dr. to pick up Ella's new RX glasses. She had been complaining about it being hard for her to see so we got her eyes checked and her RX had changed to the point where she should probably wear glasses all the time. She had glasses before, but they were only for reading. She barely remembered to wear them though. She liked her frames so much we brought those back in and they put her new RX lenses in them. 



I think she looks adorable with glasses! 

This time around Ga-Ga & I hosted tables separately since we wanted to invite so many people to sit with us. 



I really wanted to use my Royal Albert Old Country Rose china that Ellen gave me. It was a bit different from a traditional Christmas place setting, but I think it turned out beautiful. 



I already had the china, flatware, sparkling cider glasses and the chargers. I did have to use the church's water glasses, but I only had to buy 2 things to finish off the table setting...the doily and the napkins. 



I borrowed this huge Nativity Set from my parents to use as my centerpiece. All the gold accents went so well with the china. 



Since the theme of the table was a nativity I wanted to buy each lady a nativity ornament. Back in November, one of Michael's cousins posted on FB how they were starting business making things out of wood. I message her my idea and sent pictures of ornaments that I liked. She actually created these ornaments for me and they were exactly what I had in mind. She even gift wrapped each of them. So perfect! 



Look at these handsome guys all ready to serve! 




Ella wore one of my dresses that I wore to the Women's Christmas dinner in 2019....it's so crazy to see her wearing my clothes now! Just for the record she is not taller than me...yet...she was wearing heels in this picture! :) 



Love this picture of Ga-Ga & Pa. Pa got to be the one to pray over us ladies and our food! 



Ella decided to straighten her hair for this event. Curly or straight hair...doesn't matter...she's a beauty! 




Handsome dudes...even though they don't like dressing up they sure do look good! 





I love seeing the youth volunteer at church! 




Christina and her beautiful girls! They were so excited to get to dress up all fancy for the evening! 





This was the first time the girls attend the actually event. In the past they've just hung out in the Kid's Church room having fun. Love seeing their personalities coming out! 



Love this lady who's like a sister to me! 



Ga-Ga's table was full! 

L-R

MJ, Ga-Ga, Denise, Cathie, Sara, Addison, Ella and Anna. 



My table was almost full...unfortunately Miss Ruth wrote down the wrong day so she thought the event was on Saturday night not Friday night. I called her to see if she was on her way, but she had just stepped out of the shower. I felt so bad! 

L-R

Christina, Me, Michelle, Mary, Stefanie, Marci & Jan. 



Caleb even signed up to volunteer and help. I love that even though they don't go to church at our church he was fine with just jumping right in. 



It was a beautiful evening filled with yummy food, fun fellowship and singing Christmas Carols. We got to hear from Kent Hope and how they are impacting the community and helping Women get off the streets. It's so great to partner with programs like that in our area. 



Jan actually works at the water district with Michael and Marci is her daughter....look at that matching hair! It was so fun to get to spend time with them. 



The girls had a blast with all the seasoned ladies at Ga-Ga's table. It was truly such a fun and treasured time! 

0 comments: