Friday, February 9, 2024

Great Wolf Lodge!

At the beginning on February Michael had the opportunity to go to a Water Conference that was being held at Great Wolf Lodge. The kids and I have joined him once before at this conference and this one couldn't have come at a better time. With all the crazy things going on with the house it was a nice reprieve to get away and not see the upheaval that was going on at home. For just a few days we were able to get away and rest before we really dove in feet first into repairing our house. 


The room we were put in was massive. I've never seen a hotel room that was this big. We were told we had a room with 2 queen beds and pullout couch....not at all what we ended up with. Right when you walked in the bathroom was your right. Then past that was the 2 queen beds and the pullout couch. 



If you walked in further towards the beds you could see there was also a table and a TV. 



I'm standing in front of the bed Ella was sitting on in the first picture. This is a whole kitchen area! This high table with barstools was the coolest. I really wished we had brought some board games to play since it would have been the perfect set up. 




Through the kitchen was a whole other bedroom with a king size bed. It was so nice!!! 

I wish I had taken more pictures, but they have completely remodeled Great Wolf Lodge. They've also completely redone the Magi Quest game. The kids no longer had to find things in the stairwell. There are still things they have to do on other floors, but the stairwell isn't crazy anymore. They also changed the game where you can actually finish it during your stay. Our kids have never been able to finish the game before, but this trip they did. 

The first night the kids ran around playing the game and we just chilled out in the room. 

The next day I woke up with a headache...I took one of Ella's Excedrin. I also  was feeling kind of stuffed up. I figured sitting in the nice humid air of the water park would help so I went down to save seats in front of the wave pool. The kids wanted to just play the wand game. They didn't join me until lunch time and then I got a pizza for us to share. The kids went swimming for a little bit, but then they wanted to go back to the room and play on the Switch. I ended up hanging out in the water park by myself until Michael was finished up with his classes that afternoon. It was so nice just sitting there reading my book even with all the craziness going on around me. I will say that I probably won't ever take another Excedrin in my life. I'm not sure if it was entirely the meds fault or if it was a combination of meds and the fact that I was drinking Pepsi Icee all day, but I felt like I could feel all my blood rushing through the my veins. I felt at times like my heart was racing and I had all this pent up energy. It was honestly not a fun feeling at all. It took me until later at night to finally feel like I was coming down from whatever was going on with my body. The good news was my headache was gone and I didn't feel stuffed up anymore. Silver lining! 

That night we went out to nice dinner there at the Lodge. After dinner when we came out to head to our room it was almost time for the nightly dance party. I wanted to dance so bad....probably partially due to the fact that I was hopped up on caffeine.  



I got the kids to smile for this picture, but they were not happy to be here. They wanted to go back to the room and they were mortified that I would make them stay. I danced my heart out and had a great time. I finally told the kids that if they danced one song with me they could go back to the room. The funny thing was they all waited so long the song that most of them danced to ended up being the last song. :) 


The next day Michael ended up coming with us to the water park. I went down 2 slides and then I was good. We got food from Buckets in the water park and then after that the kids wanted to go back to the room. Michael and I sat in the water park me reading and him dinking around on his phone. That was when we decided that most likely our Great Wolf Lodge days are over. The kids just aren't as into it as they used to be and it's just not worth it. We've been 4 times now so it's just not new and exciting anymore. Which is okay....it's good to know that! 



I left my glasses up in the room since I knew I was going to be swimming, but Ella brought hers and took them off to go on the slides. I decided since I was going to read I was going to try and see if hers would work. We have almost the exact same RX....I think they look pretty good on me...except they're cuter on her! 

The next day it was time to head home. 

0 comments: