Monday, October 15, 2012

Ella's Big Girl Bed!

A week ago my parents came over with Ella's mattress for her big girl bed. My SIL Stephanie had offered this bed to us for Ella to use a couple weeks before. It was just sitting in the garage waiting for the mattress. Ella was so excited to sleep on it the first night she actually wanted to sleep on it in the garage! Once I got the bed from Stephanie I went in search for bedding and found a cute set at Wal-Mart. I bought it, but then realized that the paint in her room wasn't going to match. I was going to paint, but Michael pretty much talked me out of it and really the bedding I found was a bit more teenagerish so I took it back. I decided to go online to Craigslist and I found her these cute covers, a sham and a jewelry hanger all for $20. The lady lived in Lacey though so I offered her $30 if she would meet me halfway. I absolutely love her covers...they are exactly what I had envisioned. The set didn't come with a valance though so I went to Joann's and picked up a coordinating fabric. I have it all cut out and now I just need to sew it together.
 
 
Since this bed is bigger than her toddler bed we had to move a few things around. The grey hutch was on the same wall as her bed, but it had to be moved to the adjacent wall. There is also a couple new additions to her room courtesy of the Mill Creek garage sales. The stool at the foot of her bed was only $5!
 
 
The cute little kitchen was also from my SIL Stephanie...her older niece Victoria had grown out of it. Since Ella had this cute kitchen in her room I thought it would be fun for her to have a table. I was determined to find one at the garage sales. I ended up getting the two purple chairs at one sale for $5 and then I found the table for FREE at a sale that was wrapping up and finally the other 2 pink chairs were $5! I love garage sales!!! Ella has been having so much fun playing in her room with her table. Jack even got in the fun and was "eating" with her.
 
 
And since furniture had to be moved so did pictures....here's her cute picture, cross stitch, dedication wall!

0 comments: