Sunday, September 26, 2010

No Yard Is Complete Without A Tire Swing!

Yesterday morning I was trying to figure out what we should do since the weather was going to be so nice. I didn't want to waste what might be our last really nice day by staying inside. I thought we could go on a hike, but I couldn't make my mind up as to where we should go. Then it hit me...we still have one more project in the backyard to finish up. So a planted the seed in Owen's ear and it was all downhill for Michael after that. All he heard after that was, "Daddy are you going to make me tire swing?" I know I'm evil! :)

Owen of course chipped in and "helped" Daddy!

When I first got the idea of having Michael put a tire swing in the backyard I search online and found this great tutorial with pictures.

After Michael got the tire all prepped and the hardware installed on it he had to go about trimming the tree so the tire swing would swing freely. He needed to cut two branches off. The two smaller ones below the big one.


Michael Dad stores a bunch of stuff in our basement and he had this cool expandable saw so Michael used this to cut the branches.


One branch down...one to go!




All trimmed up!


Then Michael had to climb the tree in order to put the chain up. This was the part we thought would be easy, but it took longer than all the other steps combined. Mainly because we found out once Michael got up there that we had a connector link that was too big for the chain we bought so off to the hardware store we went.

Once we got the right size connector link Michael had to climb the tree again and then again two more times to adjust the height.


Perfecto!


The boys absolutely LOVE it! I was really surprised that it only took an afternoon to complete this project start to finish, but it really was easy...those are Michael's words not mine! It was super nice to have that tutorial so we knew exactly what hardware we needed for the job.


So with that said...it's official...THE BACKYARD IS COMPLETE...until next year! ;)

0 comments: