Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tying Up Loose Ends!

We finished most of the major makeover work all at once, but there were a few things here and there that took a bit more time to get done.



I know I've mentioned before that Michael's office was actually connected to our master bedroom by a door. The above picture is that door. Since the office is now Owen's room that was something that we needed to address. The door does have a lock on it from our room, but I wanted something a little more visual to help Owen remember that door isn't to be used.


Thanks to my mom this is what we came up with. I used a top sheet from Owen's sheet set and sewed it so a tension rod could go through it and mount it to the wall. It's a nice cover up since we didn't necessarily want to sheet rock the door over.


The last time I showed the kids bathroom the molding wasn't up. Here is a view of it...Michael just got normal wood and torched it so the grain would stand out and then stained it with a clear stain. It turned out so nice!


And here is the multifunctional room! I moved my computer desk over by the laundry closet.


My computer desk used to be right under the mirror. Now there are these little nightstands that hold computer & craft stuff.


Here is the view of Michael's new office and my craft desk. All of this in one room with a dining room table in the middle of it. You'd think it would overwhelming, but it all fits together nicely!

0 comments: