Friday, August 10, 2012

Zeke's Name Sign!

Over the weekend I finally got around to buying a cutting mat for my Cricut. I don't think I've ever mentioned my Cricut before. I've used my SIL's before, but I ended up finding my very own at the MOPS Rummage Sale for...$50!!! 


I found four coordinating pieces of paper and cut one letter from each piece.


Then cut the letters out again this time on cereal boxes.


After adhering the paper letters to the cereal box letters they were much more sturdy. I wanted to do a Mod Podge finish, but the paper just bubbled up so I ended up laminating them instead.



Throw in some twine and a stick that I found on a nature walk with the kids and it's a finished name sign!


I wanted something basic and organic and it turned out just like a envisioned!

1 comments:

The Date Family said...

I love the idea of using the stick. It looks great. A little tip for next time though: glue the paper onto the cereal box before you cut out the letters. A lot easier. A friend of mine who works at the craft store taught me that one when she saw me trying to stick tiny little paper letters onto tiny little cardboard letters. Life saver!!