Friday, September 6, 2013

Entryway Mudroom!

A few months back I found this picture on Pinterest and I knew I wanted to turn our front entryway closet into this. With us doing Financial Peace I knew that I wasn't going to just jump into this project I would need to wait and save. Plus I needed to adjust a few things in the house in order for all the stuff in our entryway closet to have a home to make this even possible.
 
 
 
After Michael finished the Lego table we rearranged the living and play rooms so I was able to move some stuff that was in the closet into the play room. Also my mom bought me one of those tall clear craft drawers at a garage sale so I was able to put some stuff there as well.
 
 
One day while Michael was at work I decided to just jump in and start the renovation. First I took everything out of the closet.
 
 
Then I got to take out those shelves and the doors. This is where the closet was when Michael came home and he was a bit shocked since I hadn't mentioned that I was actually going to start the project!
 
 
The next day I painted the closet...I love this color!
 
Then Michael used his resourcefulness and used materials we had around to make the shelf and the hangers. This is where we got stuck since I didn't have the money to get the shoe cubbies I wanted to finish the project. Enter an early birthday present from my Mom and yeah the closet is done!
 
 
It turned out so well! The whole thing only ended up costing us $30 and that was for the integrated lighting that I bought at IKEA.
 
 
The coat tree fit in their just perfect and so did the bench. I love it!!!
 
 
The kids have been pretty good about putting their shoes in the cubbies and their little backpacks look so cute hung up! I love Pinterest!

1 comments:

Melody said...

How cool!! Love it!