Thursday, January 16, 2014

Candle Centerpiece!

My SIL loves Live Laugh Love stuff...so when it came to making her Christmas present I knew just what theme I was going with. 


I've stamped on candles before, but I've never written on them. It's basically the same thing, but still I was a little worried that it wouldn't work. The first thing I did was use my stampin' up real red pen and wrote on tissue paper. Now don't think it only took me one try to get it right. I actually used almost the whole piece of tissue paper. Believe it or not cursive 'L's' are not easy for me to write even though my name starts with an 'L' I never write it with a capital cursive 'L'. Once I got them just right I used my heat gun and melted them into the candles. 


If you look close you'll actually see that the Laugh and the Love in this picture is different from the previous one. I just wasn't happy with those 'L's'! Once I got the candles done I thought they were missing something so I added the raffia. Then I started thinking that something was missing. 


So I got a plate and then some pretty decorative sand and arranged them just so, but still something was missing. 


Then I added the rocks and finally it felt finished. I think it has a beachy feel to it! The best part is Steph loved it! It really was a win-win....I got to be crafty and she got a cool Christmas present. 

0 comments: