Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Memorial Day Weekend!

On Sunday, May 24th we went over to Uncle Ry & Aunt Stephie's new house. I didn't take one picture, but it's gorgeous! It's in a new area in Black Diamond. When they get the Town Center built it's going to be so amazing...urban living at it's finest! After touring their house they suggested that we walk over to the park. I wasn't sure that it would be open since they've been closed for so long. Aunt Stephie check the neighborhood site and didn't see anything that said it was closed so we thought we'd go check it out. 


Yay...it was open! This was the first time my kids had been to the park in months! It was funny because when we got there there were no other kids around, but then they started coming....not a ton, but just a few. Stephie felt like they were just waiting for someone else to go play first! 



Even the 13 year old was stoked!!! 



My monkey bar man! 



Cute girl....it was bright outside. Such a gorgeous day really! 



The park consisted of this big open field on the left outside of the picture was a covered stage area. They could absolutely have outdoor concerts here. There was a basketball court, bocce ball court, playground equipment...including a zip-line...that wasn't finished yet. There was also bathrooms...that weren't open yet and a fire pit with chairs around it. So nice! 



Of course we challenged the kids to run all the way across the field to the trees. Ella totally cheated! 



I love this picture of the boys! 

Of course I thought it would be fun to race against Michael and I about killed myself. I am not young anymore! Hahaha! 

After hanging out with Uncle Ry and Aunt Stephie I thought we should head over to Tahoma National Cemetery to see Peepaw's grave. It was the day before Memorial Day, but it was beautiful out and I knew that it was going to pour down rain the next day. I had to call my Dad to find out what section Peepaw was in...it was really easy to find. Normally Ga-Ga & Pa take the kids with them since they usually spend the night over Memorial Day weekend. Michael and I haven't been to Peepaw's grave in years. It was nice to visit. It was sad that not each grave had a flag on it like they usually do. 



We found Peepaw, took pictures and



left pennies.

Although I found out later from my Dad that one of them was a dime. :) We walked around and looked at the other graves as well. It's always an emotional experience seeing how young some of the people were when they died. 



The next day Ga-Ga & Pa were able to go and they brought a flag and flowers to decorate Peepaw's grave. 



Here's the picture that Pa took to show that they left 2 pennies and we left 3 pennies and 1 dime. So funny! 

I'm so thankful that I got to know my Grandpa and I have so many wonderful memories of him! 

0 comments: