Saturday, January 23, 2021

New Medicine Cabinets & Organization!

At the end of last year the TPMS light kept coming on in our Honda Odyssey. Michael had checked the pressure in the tires and filled them up. After that the light went off for a little bit, but just kept coming back on. We knew that the tire pressure was fine though. I had an upcoming tire rotation for the van so I figured I would ask them to check it out. We dropped the van off on Sunday morning and they rotated the tires and ended up replacing one of the sensors. When I picked the van up the light only stayed off for a few miles. I was so upset! After going on a date to Value Village with Kim, I took it back to Costco to have the other 3 sensors changed as well. Instead of having Michael come pick me up I decided to just wander around Costco while they worked on the van. 

Of course wandering leads to looking and looking leads to wanting and then wanting leads to buying. :)

I ended up buying myself two new shirts and a pack of AAA batteries the kids needed for their remote control cars. Not too bad really! 



The best thing I came across were these new medicine cabinets. I had been contemplating getting medicine cabinets for the kids bathroom. Since they are getting older they definitely need more storage space. 

Michael wanted to take some measurements to make sure the new cabinets would fit so I didn't end up buying them that night. I had to go back the next day to get the lug nuts tightened on the van so I figured I would buy them then. 



Here's an older picture of the kids bathroom with the old mirrors. Michael got right to work so I didn't get a current picture of the mirrors up. Just know that the countertops didn't look nearly this nice since they had all their junk sitting on them. 

 


Close up look at the mirrors. I was planning on taking them to Value Village, but Michael decided to just smash them instead. I guess he has no fear about 7 or 14 years of bad luck! :) 




Here's how the countertop looked! 



When I decided that we needed to get medicine cabinets I started looking online and was surprised at how expensive they were. It was kind of overwhelming and I just figured we'd go to Lowe's and find ones in person. When I found these particular mirrors I was so impressed with the layout. First they can be mounted to either open from the left or right, the shelves are fixed...yay for them not falling down and my favorite thing was the half shelves so you can actually put taller items in the medicine cabinet. Such great thought was put into these cabinets and the price was also right around what I was wanting to spend! 



Michael has been so good to include the older boys when he's doing these types of projects. Sure it's WAY easier to do it himself, but these boys are going to be men soon. They need to have these types of experiences so they can feel confident in their abilities. 



Even if it means that they end up contacting their Dad to help them! :) 




Michael really surprised me with putting these up on the day I bought them. Sure I would have liked him to put them up that day, but I certainly wasn't expecting it. It's so nice when your hubby knows how to speak your love language! 

One thing Michael was concerned about was that middle sconce. He said we were not going to do any electrical work in order to get medicine cabinets in here. Thankfully it wasn't an issue! 




Actually the new medicine cabinets didn't even cover the big holes that were left by the previous ones! Thankfully I know a guy that knows how to do drywall repair! And yes we know that the space on both sides of the sconce aren't equal. The mirrors are centered over the sinks and unfortunately that one scones got put in a little off center to begin with. Oh well! 




Here's where all the junk went! 

This is the mirror on the right side. Jack gets the two upper shelves and Ella gets the two lower shelves. This cabinet opens towards the left. Ella stands in front of the sink and Jack stand off to the right side of the sink. Another fun feature is there's a mirror on the inside of the cabinet so even if Ella opens the cabinet Jackson can still see himself. 




Here are Owen and Zeke's....can you tell which of my kids are high maintenance?!?!?

This mirror opens to the right. Zeke stands right in front of the sink and Owen stands off to the left side of the sink. For 4 kids sharing one bathroom it's worked out quite well really! 




When I was at Value Village the day before I found these white stackable containers and the one white drawer. I had been wanting to organize our linen closet for a while so these were just what I needed. It feels so nice to have everything in it's place! And after I took this picture my OCD self did go ahead and turn the humidifier around since the box was upside-down. There was no way I could leave it like that! 

0 comments: