Monday, May 31, 2021

Last Day Of School!

One of the best things about homeschooling is getting to set our own schedule. We chose to start school last year on September 1st. We took a camping trip in September and got to count it as a field trip towards school since the kids were going to learn something new...golf and they were getting to explore nature...hiking the Lake Lenore Caves. 

For the most part we didn't take all the normal holidays. We worked through Labor Day, Veterans Day, Columbus Day, Presidents day & MLK Day. We did take Thanksgiving, Christmas & Spring Break. 

The nice thing about doing Hybrid Homeschool through Lighthouse Christian Academy is our school year is actually 12 months long so we have a lot of leeway when it comes to figuring out how to get all the necessary allotted dates in for school. 

My plan for the year was to always finish at the end of the May. We did that last year when I told the kids teachers at school we were done. It was so nice to get out earlier than everyone else and have a full 3 months off! Our last official day this year was Friday, May 28th. 

At this point my plan for this next year of homeschooling is to start school on August 23rd because we have some fun vacation plans and I'd like to get out of school before Jack's birthday on June 5th of next year. Yes...I plan this far in advance! 


Onto the last day of school for the 2020 - 2021 year! 


This young man right here has changed so much this year. He's now taller than me, he got braces and his voice is changing! 



Such a handsome dude! 



Cannot believe I will have a high schooler on my hands. I have to admit though, it is so much less scary knowing he'll be home and not actually heading to high school. I love having my kiddos home with me. 




Jackson had a big year too....he hasn't had his growth spurt yet, but I am thinking this summer he's gonna sprout up. He did get his 2nd phase of braces on though! 





Mister stylin' man! 




Last year of middle school....comin' up! 



Ella Grace has thrived with homeschooling. Her reading improved so much. She has beautiful handwriting and I've actually caught her reading books on her own. Miracles do happen people! 
She also got braces and turned into a teenager overnight! And she might technically be taller than one of her brothers...not naming names though! 



Such a gorgeous gal! 



Coming up on the 5th grade! 



Zeke man did well in school. There was some struggling, but he persevered and it paid off. He is still our little guy. He even talks about blowing away in a windstorm once. Kid needs to eat more for sure! 



What a cutie my Zekeman! 



4th grade on the horizon! 



I guess this counts as our class picture right! :) 



They really are this awesome! 




Buddies for life! 




Me with my knuckle heads! 

Before I launch into bragging about what they accomplished this year let me say the standard number of PACE's that are completed in a year by a student are normally only 12. My kids are technically behind in their grades according to their ages so they are trying to do more than what is the standard in order to gain some ground. They are all rockstars in my eyes! 



Owen with his progress chart for the year.

He completed

17 PACE's in Math
15 PACE's in English
 12 PACE's in Word Building
12 PACE's in Science
12 PACE's in Social Studies

He achieved 4 100% for the year. 

He memorized...

John 3: 1-17
John 15:1-17
Psalm 23 & 24
Luke 2:6-19
Ephesians 6:1-17
Psalm 139:1-18 
John 1:1-18
Matthew 5:1-18
I Corinthians 13:1-13

 


Jackson with his progress chart for the year. 

He completed...

15 PACE's in Math
15 PACE's in English
12 PACE's in Word Building
12 PACE's in Science
6 PACE's in Social Studies
15 page State History Report

He achieved 12 100% for the year. 

He memorized...

John 3: 1-17
John 15:1-17
Psalm 23 & 24
Luke 2:6-19
Ephesians 6:1-17
Psalm 139:1-18 
John 1:1-18
Matthew 5:1-18
I Corinthians 13:1-13 



Ella with her progress chart for the year. 

She completed...

19 PACE's in Math
19 PACE's in English
13 PACE's in Word Building
12 PACE's in Literature/Creative Writing
13 PACE's in Science
13 PACE's in Social Studies

She achieved 19 100% 

She memorized...

John 3: 10-17
John 15:1-12
Psalm 23
Luke 2:6-14
Ephesians 6:1-11
Psalm 139:1-14
John 1:1-12
Matthew 5:1-12
I Corinthians 13:1-13



Zeke with his progress chart for the year. 

He completed...

15 PACE's in Math
14 PACE's in English
15 PACE's in Word Building
15 PACE's in Literature/Creative Writing
15 PACE's in Science
15 PACE's in Social Studies. 

He achieved 47 100%!!! 

He memorized...

John 3: 10-17
John 15:1-12
Psalm 23
Luke 2:6-14
Ephesians 6:1-11
Psalm 139:1-14
John 1:1-12
Matthew 5:1-12
I Corinthians 13:1-13

0 comments: