Sunday, November 28, 2021

Thanksmas & Christmas Card Pictures!

Our 3rd Annual Thanksmas was Saturday, November 27th.  It's one of my favorite celebrations. The best of both worlds....food from Thanksgiving, but Christmas decorations....hence the name! 

By this point in the year we had been trying to get professional pictures taken by my friend Starr, but the silly Washington weather would never cooperate and I mean never! We rescheduled I believe 3 or 4 times and finally called it quits. So I decided to take things into my own amateur hands and take photos with my phone....they would have to do! 

One of my favorite things about the back of our house is the lovely brick on the chimney I love the red coloring. So yay for having a built in background! 






I think I got all the pictures of the kids taken in under 5 minutes and then it started to sprinkle. 




It started raining way too hard so we weren't able to get a family pictures, but Christina swooped in and took a picture of Michael and I when the rain let up slightly. It was actually raining during this picture though. 



After finishing my shiplap entryway wall earlier this year, I was looking for a specific size sign or picture and I ended up finding it in August when Ella and I went to visit Logan and Jen. After we had spent the day at Silverwood we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner and this sign was the perfect size and message. Literally once you come in...take off your coat, make yourself at home and come gather at the table. Our dining room table is honestly the heart of our home. 



Look at all these shoes and coats....my house and heart are so full!!!! 



By this point I've always decorated for Christmas, but I also leave a few Thanksgiving decor items out to decorate the table with. 



This year I ditched the whole turkey. I am officially done ever cooking a whole turkey. WAY TOO MUCH WORK! Nope....it's all about just buying the Turkey Breasts from Costco. Coat them with butter and fresh herbs, pop them in the electric roaster and done. Oh my word so much easier and so tasty! 



Cranberry, Ginger Ale, Lime punch! Yummy! 



The garage set up! 



Let's get our grub on! 



The kids table....with two additional kids this year. Aaron & Bronson at the far end! 



The Guys! 

L to R - Bill, Papa, Pa, Michael, Pastor Tim & Johnathen. 



The Ladies! 

L to R - Ga-Ga, Me, Ruth, Christina, Melody & MJ. 



Yummy! 



The whole gang! I love these people so much!



Ruth & Papa! 



Johnathen, MJ, Aaron & Bronson....this was their first Thanksmas, but most definitely not their last! 



Michael and I with the Kuch's! 





Pastor Tim & Melody...what a blessing they have been to our lives and everyone at our church! 



Pa & Ga-Ga!



And since we got our Christmas card picture we had to go ahead and get Ga-Ga & Pa's Christmas card picture as well! 

We are planning on getting new family pictures this year with Starr sometime next late spring / early summer! 

0 comments: