Sunday, March 27, 2022

Walk Down Memory Lane!

On Saturday, March 26th we were having dinner with friends at their house in Bellevue. We had not gone that far north in quite awhile. I figured it would be so fun to take the extra time to drive the kids to a couple fun places. First we swung by my old house in Renton.



 I was driving and didn't think to ask Michael to take a picture. I just copied this one from Google. The house looks so different than it did when we lived there. First off they've painted it which isn't bad really, but the sad part is they removed the rod iron fence my Dad welded. It was really nice and help give the home a bit of privacy without blocking anything. My room was the window on the far right. I lived here from 1990 - 1999 when I got married to Michael. 

After that we decided to drive up to our old school in Newcastle. When we went to school here it was called Lake Boren Christian School. There was also a church. The school closed down the year I graduated in 1998. The church is thriving though and is called Seattle Revival Center. I went to school with the Senior Pastor and Michael graduated with his wife. I wasn't expecting the church to be open on a Saturday. I figured we'd just drive by and maybe get out and peek in the windows. Surprisingly there was a service of some kind going on. We didn't want to interrupt so we quietly just took a look around. The kids were hilarious and thought we were going to get in trouble. So much has changed since we went to school there...I wish I had taken more pictures! 




This was the main reason I wanted to go...this staircase. I walked up and down these stairs day after day. The classrooms were downstairs, but the gym was upstairs. I specifically remember needing to go to the church office upstairs towards the end of my high school career and slowly walking up these stairs...no one else was around because everyone was in class. I remember thinking to myself....my life is about to change. This is the end of part 1 of my life. I had gone to that school since 1st grade and now here I was in 12th grade and about to launch into the world. It was one of those surreal moments where I'm so happy that I had that time to look back and reflect. That school shaped me in so many ways. 

The other thing I remember about these stairs was in 1997....I remember walking up these stairs to go to gym and seeing this handsome guy in jeans and a backwards hat walking down. I was not outgoing with boys at all. I didn't say hi to random boys. But I said hi to this boy! I remember I was with my best friend and I turned to her and said...Who was that??? :) 2 years later I was married to that guy! We are coming up on 23 years of marriage! I love him more than I did then and we've had such an amazing time together in those 23 years. We've had joy and sorrow, good times and bad, and he's the only one I want to do this life with! 

0 comments: