Sunday, January 28, 2024

Owen's Birthday Dinner & Birthday Pictures!

All Owen wanted for his birthday was books and to have a nice dinner with family and friends. Isn't that sweet! 

The morning of his birthday dinner we were having our Teen Girls Bible Study at our house. I hadn't gotten around to wrapping Owen's present yet so I went to the garage to get a gift bag and tissue paper. I bent over to get the bag and promptly threw out my back so bad I couldn't move. I thankfully had my phone in my back pocket and I was able to get it and call Michael so he could come help me. He had to guide me into the house....I could barely lift my foot off the ground to take the two steps into the house. He tried to help me sit down on the couch, but I started crying I was in so much pain. By this time Sarah who is leading the study with me showed up. Michael was helping me walk around the house so I could hopefully work it out a bit. That did help to the point where I was actually able to sit down on the couch for the bible study. 

For dinner my plan had been to just buy Costco rotisserie chicken and Caesar Salad. I was also going to make cupcakes. After Bible Study I was to stand up and talk Owen through making the cupcakes. Ella can't have cupcakes so I needed Owen to make cookies for her. He had a bit of trouble a few times, but with Ga-Ga's help he was able to make some yummy chocolate chip cookies. 

Michael was amazing getting everything done and making it so I didn't have to worry a bit. It also helped that it was just a chill time so it didn't need to be this big fuss. 
  


Celebrating my Owen! 




Owen presents were basically books and cash! It was perfect for our book loving guy! 

Due to numerous things....my back, winter retreat, Owen getting his wisdom teeth out and Owen's job his birthday pictures got pushed back until March 10th! Oh well...better late than never! 



How can this guy be 17 years old. He's almost and adult! 



His smile in a few of the picture was looking forced so I told him to do a serious one and I like it! 



He's such a handsome dude! I can't believe these were his last pictures at JCPenney...next year he'll be getting senior pictures! 

0 comments: