Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Visiting Logan!

Right before New Years, Jen contacted me and said they had some extra buddy passes to use and she wondered if Ella and I would like to fly over to spend the weekend with Logan. I knew that New Years wouldn't work, but I figured that the long weekend for MLK Day would be perfect. At first we were going to fly out after Ella's choir practice on Friday afternoon. It didn't really matter if we got their early since Logan did have school on Friday so we weren't in a rush. However, as the day got closer we noticed that the later flights were filling up. This was right around the time they grounded the Boeing Max planes because of that door popping off mid-flight. Yeah perfect time to be taking your daughter on her first plane trip that she'll remember...she did fly once before from Seattle to Billings, but she was only 2 years old. I did not inform her of the accident until after the trip though. 



So we decided to take the 9:40am flight. Michael dropped us off at the airport on his way into work. 



It was so fun getting to go on an adventure with my girl! 



It was funny I kept asking her how she was doing waiting for the plane to be ready to board. She was starting to get irritated with me because she had told me she was doing fine. This is where I learned that I shouldn't project my own fears on my child. As a teenager I went on my first flight at 14 years old and I literally thought I was going to die.  



This girl wasn't scared one bit. She did great! 




Our flight was delayed a couple of times. We're still not sure what happened. At first they said our plane left Bozeman MT. late and that we just had to wait for it to arrive. Then later they said our plane was still in the hanger there at Seatac. It was all weird, but we finally boarded the plane around 11:30am. Then the flight itself was only about 30 minutes it was hilarious.

When we left home it was cold, but it was going to be REALLY cold in Spokane! When we arrived it was 2 degrees which Jen told us that they had doubled the temp for the day so that was awesome. ;) 

Richard picked us up at the airport and took us to their house. Jen got home shortly after that from helping at Connor's school. It wasn't too long and it was time to go pick up Logan from school. As we drove up I rolled down my window, whistled and yelled....Loggie Bear! Logan was just as excited and didn't even care that I just made a scene outside her middle school. I love that girl! 




Logan didn't realize that Ella was sitting on that side so she had to run around and jump in the other side of the car. 



I love these girls! 



It wasn't long and this is what was happening. 



These girls just love to laugh with each other. 



I can't believe that it's been just over 13 years to the day since I started watching Logan. I absolutely love love the relationship these girls have. It just goes to show you miles apart don't have to change a thing! 

That afternoon we went to Hobby Lobby...where the girls totally ditched Jen and I and tried to hide so we didn't have to leave. Jen and I were talking and I told her that Logan is the only one that gets Ella to come out of her shell and be a silly girl. For the most part she's pretty reserved, but not with Logan. I was the same way in school until I met my friend Nicci Hayden...she went onto be my maid of honor, but unfortunately we haven't kept in contact. Whenever her and I were around each other we'd do the craziest silly things and it was a blast. Logan is Ella's version of Nicci Hayden. 



On Saturday night we drove all the way to Coeur d'Alene ID in order to keep up our tradition of eating at The Cracker Barrel. 



These girls did their hair and make-up for a fun for night out! 



Look at these beauties! 


On Sunday, we drove up to Grandpa Ed's and Grandma Penny's house. On the drive up to their house is when I got a phone call from Michael about our house flooding from a burst pipe!!! I mainly tried to not think about what was going on at home since there was nothing I could do from so far away. In hindsight it was a total blessing for everyone that I wasn't home when it happened. 

Grandma Penny had heard that Ella was dairy free....we were only letting her have one small bit of diary a day at this point....she was making lasagna for dinner and she made Ella a diary free lasagna. It was the sweetest thing!!! When we left there house it was the coldest we experienced the whole trip. It was -9. On the way home the windows were icing up on the inside of the car! It was crazy! 



That night after getting in bed their cat Rocket....who I call Parker came and snuggled with me. He is a purring machine. I had to take this picture and text it to Michael. Such a sweet kitty! 

We were supposed to fly out on Monday, but the flights looked awful. They were down by 3 flights a day because of the planes being taken out of service. The earliest we were going to be able to get home was most likely going to be Wednesday. So we made the executive decision to have Jen drive us halfway and have Michael drive halfway to meet us. It worked out perfectly since Michael had the MLK Day off from work. Jen drove us to Vantage and that's where we met Michael and continued on our way home. I was so happy to get home since it was Owen's actual birthday. 



After getting home we went out for dinner at Red Robin to celebrate this guy turning 17 years old!

0 comments: