Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Owen's First Camping Trip

So this last weekend we went camping with some of our friends. It's been a year since Michael and I went camping. It's hard to believe that this time last year we didn't even know if we were having a boy or a girl yet. Owen did really well camping except for the sleeping part. The first night I only got about 3 hours of sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night I brought him into bed with Michael and I and then the paranoia set in that he was going to rollover and suffocate or I was going to rollover on him. By the second night when he slept with us I was feeling better and slept great. The third night he slept really good in his bed, but when he woke up to eat at 5:30 I just let him sleep in bed with us....not because he needed to, but because I actually like snuggling with him. Michael forewarned me that this wouldn't be a habit though so we're already back to the normal routine of him sleeping all night in his crib.


Owen got to do so many firsts this trip....


- Seeing a fire


- Playing on the playground


- Swimming in a real pool

- Walking through a corn maze

- Going on a hayride

We had a great time being away from the everyday normal stuff and it was really nice to catch up with some friends we hadn't spent time with in a while.

0 comments: