Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ear Infection?

I've been concerned that Owen might have an ear infection for a couple of days, so yesterday I decided to take him to the doctor. His 9 month check up is next Tuesday, but I just didn't want to wait that long. The doctor checked him out and said that there is a little bit of fluid in his left ear, but it could clear up on it's own or turn into an ear infection. Since we are going in next week he's going to see if it gets better or worse. I know there's this big controversy on giving kids antibiotic when it's not really necessary so I wasn't that surprised when he said let's wait and see. I don't want Owen to be given anything that isn't necessary for him either. I just can't wait for him to be a happier kid. He's just been so cranky lately. I can't even walk out of the room without him crying and sometimes when I set him down on the floor to play and I sit down with him he starts crying. He could just be going through an attachment phase too. Who knows!