Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Rest Of The Story!

So a couple months back I started looking for work since Michael was having a hard time finding a job. I revised my resume and got it looking top notch and then I started putting it out there. I used the website my brother recommended and I also got a couple referrals from old friends. I ended up getting a call from both the jobs my friends recommended. One I had to turn down due to the salary being too low and the other I went in for a job interview.

The interview went wonderful...I really nailed it! I absolutely knew the job was mine when I walked out. That's when I went out to the car and cried my eyes out. I did not want to go to work. I did not want to leave my babies. But....I know that sometimes God has us do things we just plain don't want to do.

Once I got home from the interview I talked with Michael about it and my mom and my friend Nikki who got me the interview and my friend Lori. Can you tell talking is how I deal with stress? Anyway Nikki told me about a carpool that she is involved with so I decided right then if they offered me the job I would have to work the same shift as Nikki so I wouldn't be stuck in traffic for 3 hours a day on top of my 8 hour shift.

A couple days later I got a call saying they were offering me the job. I told her my condition of working a different shift to accommodate the carpool I wanted to join. She needed to talk with a few people so she told me to have a good weekend.

Monday came and went, Tuesday came and went, Wednesday came and went. I was sure they weren't willing to accommodate the shift change. I actually started to breath again. I was SO happy that I didn't get the job after all. Then Thursday came and I got a call. They were willing to accommodate the shift change. I told her I needed to talk to Michael and I would call her the next day.

Michael and I talked together about the job and then we separated to think things through. While I was thinking about it I was going over the pros and cons and I came to the conclusion that it was my turn to take one for the team. So I headed upstairs and almost immediately Michael said, "You're not taking the job!" "Uh...what?" was pretty much my response.

While I was downstairs Michael was researching and it seemed that we forgot a pretty crucial piece of information when we were thinking this whole me go back to work thing. See the whole reason I was going to go to work was to put Michael through school to get his degree in computer science...2 years of school. Well come to find out the computer science program is not online...you have to go to school, from 8 - 2:30 everyday. That wasn't the plan for us. Michael was planning on doing online school and watching the kids during the day while I was at work. A big load, but a doable one! This new piece of information changed things a bit.

Michael told me he was fine with me supporting him through school...a short term sacrifice. However, when it comes to supporting our family financially that is HIS job. I felt so relieved! I didn't have to leave my babies...MY job! I want to raise my kids, I want to take care of my house, I want to be home! It's my job!

So where are we now...Michael is still looking for work, putting his resume out there...a lot! He is still under consideration for a few jobs at Boeing. He's also looking into The National Guard. We are still confident that God has a plan for our family. His timing is perfect even when it doesn't seem like it to us....it is! So we wait, we pray and we trust!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ideally you could find something that allowed you to work from home. I don't know how hard those jobs are to come by, but that would certainly solve a lot of problems.