Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Today Michael I watched Rachael Ray and I got inspired to make the dish she made. I had to make a few adjustments since I didn't have all the ingredients, but it turned out SO good! I'm seriously still in shock since I'm not usually that good at winging it in the kitchen.

2 chicken breasts
6 lasgana noodles broken up into little pieces (I didn't have that much so I added a few bow tie paste noodles too. Next time I think I might just use all bow tie pasta since it cuts down on having to cut noodles for the kids)
1 large yellow onion cut into strips
2 cans of sliced mushrooms (I would have used fresh, but I didn't have any on hand)
4 tbsps butter
4 tbsps flour
1 1/2 cups milk
Garlic Salt
Pepper
White Wine
Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese


Cook the chicken breasts in butter and then shred them - Cook noodles al dente - Saute mushrooms and onions in butter and garlic salt - Deglaze the pan with white wine and let reduce - Add chicken to mushrooms and onions - Make white sauce by melting 4 tbsps of butter and adding 4 tbsps flour and then adding milk and a few dashes of pepper...bring to a boil and stir for 1 min and then remove from heat - Combine chicken, mushrooms, onions and noodles with white sauce - Place in a casserole dish and top with Parmesan & Mozzarella Cheese - Broil in oven until cheese is browned

0 comments: