Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Sidewalk Chalk Art!

Another thing I wanted to start doing more of was including the kids in cooking or baking. Something I've realized in doing this is...I really enjoy having the kids help me bake, but I absolutely love my alone time when I cook. 



Ella asked if we could have French Toast so on our second day of Spring Break...April 7th...she helped me make everyone breakfast. 



Proud girl! 


Later on in the afternoon it was so pretty I wanted to get outside. I remembered I had this whole thing of sidewalk chalk I got on clearance last year so I grabbed that and some masking tape. I had heard about people decorating their sidewalks with messages to bring joy to people as they got out for their walks.



At first the kids did not understand what I was trying to tell them. Jackson was especially vocal in thinking that it was going to be lame. I told them to just give it a chance. I decided to do mine with a heart in the center because I had also seen that people were using hearts as a way to say thank you to all the healthcare workers. 



After seeing mine Jack decided he wanted a heart too. Ella asked me to tape her's so it would say 'Hi'.




Zeke was my helper when it came time to color mine in. 



Jack was starting to get it now. 



It really was a glorious day! The sun was out, but it wasn't too hot working out in it. 



Mine all finished before removing the tape. 



Ta Da!!! 

After this the kids finally understood what I was talking about. Seeing is believing! 



Jack was eager to take his tape off. 



Looking good Jackers! 



Ella need some help finishing hers off so I helped her color a bit. 




I really love how they all turned out and it was something fun and different to do outside. 




Later that afternoon one of our neighbors stopped by to tell us that this truly brightened her day. That was exactly what I wanted them to do. Yay!!! Of course now that it's been a while the rain has washed them away so I'm thinking we'll need to go out and make another round of them once we have a good break in the weather. 

To finish our fun day the kids asked for Michael to make a fire in the fire pit. 



First fire of the season! 



Being stuck at home can be hard so any reason to get outside has really been a lifesaver for us! So thankful for this amazing house, yard and family that I have! 

0 comments: