Thursday, April 30, 2020

Diamond Paintings!

Ella's Christmas gift from Santa was one of those diamond paintings. I thought it would be a fun craft that her and I could work on together. She started working on it, but then she got bored. It is a more monotonous task. At the beginning of the Covid-19 scare and homeschooling I was pretty anxious so doing a monotonous task was actually really helpful. I would sit at the dining room table, listen to worship songs, working with one color of diamonds at a time and just feel the anxiety melt away. 



Ella was a little upset that I was working on her picture more than she was, but I explained how it was helping me feel better so she was okay with it after that. Of course the boys all wanted to help as well so I finally broke down and just bought a 4 pack of paintings so each kid would have their own painting to work on. 



The four pack was all animals....3 felines and 1 canine. They were all these fun rainbow colors. One thing I've noticed is the pictures are way more fun to work on if there are many different colors. 

Owen's is a cat, Jack's is a lion...




Ella's is a cheetah and Zeke's is a wolf. 




While the kids worked on their new paintings, I was able to finish Ella's first picture. Of course since this very first day the kids have worked on their painting a grand total of ZERO times! I know part of it is because the weather has been pretty great and the main reason...the novelty of it wore off once they actually got them. I have worked on Owen's painting once so I'm not necessarily complaining that they aren't working on them. At least I'll have lots of opportunities to help my anxiety melt away! 

0 comments: