Friday, May 1, 2020

Hammock & DQ!

 During the month of April we had such beautiful weather. I got in a routine of letting the kids go on electronics for an hour and a half each afternoon so I could lay out in my hammock reading my book. I know I struggled last summer with actually using my hammock, but not this year. I have laid in it more times than I can count. Even though it was nice out it would still get chilly when the wind kicked up. I started laying down a blanket on my hammock to help the ropes from separating. The kids had made them separate by putting their feet through the ropes. 


Months ago my Mom gave me her Kindle Reader and I'm telling you I am LOVING it. I'm always late to the game when it comes to technology, but it's just awesome. I love buying books from Amazon...especially when you can choose to have things shipped later and get digital credits! I also love how easy it is to read outside on it. So amazing! The only thing I wish it could do is connect to the library....maybe it can I should look into that more. Right now I'm reading this book series by Lisa Regan...it's the Detective Josie Quinn series. I'm loving it! 

On this particular night...April 8th...I thought it would be fun to get out of the house and go somewhere in the truck. We told the kids we were just going for a drive even though we were actually going to DQ for ice cream. It wasn't until we pulled in and drove into the drive thru lane that they figured it out.




We've official assigned seats for the truck. Ella gets to sit upfront with Michael and I. 



All the boys are in the back with Zeke in the middle. So far this has worked out well. 



Of course if it's just the kids and I driving around in the truck Owen and Jack argue about who gets to sit in the front with Ella and I. 

0 comments: