Sunday, May 3, 2020

Easter Gifts!

Easter was weird this year...the kids didn't get any sort of Easter Egg Hunt or Easter baskets. We are planning on doing a make up Easter Egg Hunt on 4th of July...why not combine a few holidays into one to make it a MEGA holiday. With the way the phases are going for reopening Washington I have a feeling this 4th of July is going to be legendary anyways! 



I really wanted to get gifts for the kids that would encourage them to play together. I looked up outside toys since I also want them to get outside and play more. I found this fun pitching machine for under $50. It takes D batteries and it's really fun. I read a review about how the balls that come with it aren't that accurate so I went ahead and bought a 12 pack of these balls and they really are better. 


It was fun teaching the kids how to properly stand in order to hit the ball. If they hit the ball into the neighbors yard we considered it a home run. 




I also bought this indoor or outdoor catching game. Jack and I are the main ones that play with this. They are so much fun!!! We did play it with Owen and Zeke in the front yard once and we played it like Pickle in the Middle. We had the best time and the boys got along so well. It was one of those magical moments in time that I wish I could freeze! 



One thing Michael has wanted me to buy for our family for a while now is The Farming Game. He played it once when he was around 12 years old and he enjoyed it so much it's stuck with him ever since. I finally bought it and we had a great time playing. It is one of those games that takes multiple days to play, but it was definitely fun! 

These weren't typical Easter gifts, but this whole year hasn't been typical so far so it's quite fitting really! 

0 comments: