Monday, May 4, 2020

Rainbow Craft!

Early on during the stay at home order I saw this video on Facebook for how to make a rainbow. I just happen to have all he craft material needed. I thought it would be fun for Ella and I to work on this together. Of course those videos make it seem like you can make a craft in 5 minutes when it fact it takes 5 days.  



The first thing we had to do was measure out the craft rope. The rope they used in the video was lighter colored and smoother. This rope was more scratchy, but it still worked. After cutting the rope we had to cut the wire to size and then glue two pieces of rope together with wire in the middle. We did that 8 times. 



I got out my yarn stash and let Ella choose the colors for our rainbow. 



Then we started wrapping each piece of rope. Of course each piece of rope got bigger and took longer to wrap. 



The masking tape on the edges was to help the ends not fray and to also give you a visual guide of where the yarn should start and stop. 



Once all our pieces of rope were finally wrapped, Ella actually thought she might want to make 2 rainbows with 4 colors each by dividing the rainbow in half. Ultimately she decided to keep it as one big rainbow though. 




To finish it up I hot glued each piece together and then I glued a piece of string on the back side so we could hang it up. We also took the tape off the ends and unwrapped the twine so the ends looked curly. 




I used a Command hook to hang it up on one of the windows in our dining room. I just love how it turned out and I really love that it's not typical rainbow colors. It definitely took longer than I thought it would, but it was fun to be able to use up some of my craft stash and not have to go to the store and buy anything. 

0 comments: