Saturday, July 9, 2022

Gnome Trail!

On July 8th, we decided to head out to go on the Gnome Trail. I had heard about the Gnome trail way back in 2020, but I just hadn't taken the time to drive out there. On our way there the GPS actually took me into a neighborhood. I guess that used to be the way to enter the trail. Now they have this huge parking lot area and it's called the Legacy Site. There are more trails that just the Gnome trail...the Gnome part is just a section of the trail.



Aidry had spent the night at our house so she got to tag along. We were meeting the Storer Family there to have a picnic lunch and go on the hike together. We hadn't seen them since before their trip to Europe. It was had been weeks! 



We got their earlier than they did so the kids had a pinecone war while we waited! 



Rocks, sticks and pinecones...natures toys! 



After having our picnic lunch and chatting a bunch about the trip it was time to set off on the trail! 



One thing I realized after I started taking pictures is I'm not really into the Gnomes that much, but I definitely think their little houses are adorable. 





This little guy was super cute...climbing his ladder up the tree! 




So cute! 




There was even a Gnome graveyard for broken Gnomes...I thought this sign was hilarious! 



RIP! 




There were a couple of cute Gnomes! I would imagine that just anyone can come and add to the Gnomes that are on the trail. It would be interesting to know how many there are. 



After our hike, we went to the new Gravity Coffee in Black Diamond for our free drinks and then we went over to Kim's so we could visit more. 

0 comments: