Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Oscar The Grouch

Don't let the cute face fool you, this kid can be Oscar The Grouch sometimes. Yesterday he was particularly fussy. I think it has to do with the fact that he had an allergic reaction to the lotion I was rubbing on him. It was the Aveno Lavender & Vanilla Baby Lotion. I was rubbing it on him to help his eczema get better. The doctor recommended Aveno and this lotion was a gift at one of my showers. I talked with a friend yesterday and she said the exact same thing happened to her son, he was allergic to the lavender in the lotion. So on Monday afternoon after discovering a ton of bumps all over Owen's tummy, arms and legs I called the doctor and we went in for his first appointment that wasn't for a normal check up. He gave us a prescription for some hydrocortisone cream that has a little bit of a steroid in it to help with the eczema and he told me to give him 1/4 tsp of Benadryl for the bumps. His bumps are slowly going away and I've only used the cream twice so his eczema hasn't really gotten any better as of yet.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a little hard to imagine him being grouchy with that cute picture. That and the fact that every time I've ever seen him, he's either been asleep, or sitting quietly not making much, if any noise. But if he's getting grouchy already, just wait until he hits the terrible two's!

Oh, and one more thing: when is that kid going to grow some hair? What's he waiting for?

Lyndsay said...

Well since I didn't really have much hair until I was two I'm not sure if Owen will stand chance of getting any real soon.

Furry Bottoms said...

I can't wait to see that little fellow real soon! :)

Furry Bottoms said...

Handsome little man!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I had to miss seeing you and Owen:( I have been sick with a horrible cold and I wouldn't have wanted to get you two sick...I can't wait to see how much he has grown! :)