Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Change of plans

Last Tuesday my Mom and Dad came over to watch the boys so Michael and I could go on a date. We planned on going on an Argosy Cruise with the City Pass tickets we had left over from when my family was here. Michael got home with JUST enough time for us to make it to the pier. I've never driven directly to the pier so I didn't take West Marginal Way like I was suppose to, but Michael thought there would be an exit off the West Seattle Bridge to North 99. Well there isn't! By this time there is no way we can make it to the pier in time to catch the last boat of the night so we decided to just go to Salty's on Alki for dinner. On the way there we stopped at a viewpoint and took some beautiful pictures of the city.




Dinner was awesome! I had salmon stuffed with dungeness crab and Michael had a whole dungeness crab. YUMMY! While we ate we got to watch the Elliott Bay Taxi and a HUGE cargo ship come in. We also got to see the Argosy Cruise we would have been on and we both started laughing so hard. People were stuffed in there like sardines. We wouldn't have had that much fun so I'm glad we didn't make it in time. After dinner we drove down by the beach, but decided not to walk since we were both wearing flip flops and we thought it would be nice to get home in time to put the boys to bed. It was a great night out for just the two of us.

0 comments: