Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Coolest Sandbox EVER!!!

We have been wanting to get Owen a sandbox for a long time now, but I just kept missing the one I wanted on Craigslist. My mom has always wanted to get one of those sand & water tables for her house so she asked my dad to start looking on Craigslist for them. He came up with a way better idea that a normal old sandbox. My mom and dad's backyard has these two raised garden beds so he decided to use one of them as the sandbox instead. Check this out...
Dad decided to make an awesome old truck. He went and bought lawnmower tires and they actually move. Owen is still so obsessed with wheels it's ridiculous!

The steering wheel is another lawnmower wheel. Dad's not finished yet either he's going to attach light switches and turn knobs to the dash so Owen has lots of stuff to play with.


I love that he cut out the front and back windows. He's just so clever!


This truck sandbox also had an awesome engine. It's a V8 (made with V8 cans). It's so cool, but I forgot to take a picture of it.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

That is indeed a very supercalifraglistic sandbox!

Unknown said...

Oh man, that's awesome. I want to come over and play in it too.