Monday, April 20, 2009

I Wanna Soak Up The Sun!

The weather was perfect today and we had nothing planned...that is until my girl friend Lori emailed me that she was heading to Seahurst Park in Burien. I was all over that...I even woke up Jack from his nap to get down there. As you can see in the background of this picture I brought the double stroller with me. NEVER AGAIN! Pushing that thing through the sand is like trying to run underwater. It doesn't work! Next time I'm going to put the boys in the ATV wagon instead.
Here's my friend Lori in her totally cute sun hat and another friend Carmen and her daughter Alysha. Carmen is pregnant and will find out if she's having a boy or a girl this Wednesday. I can't wait to know.


Here are Lori's girls...Izze and Abby. Until recently Izze has been in the same nursery class at church with Owen and they really enjoy spending time together. In fact Lori and I joke that they are courting. Izze's an older woman, but I'm cool with that. :)

Look at that cute shirtless kid!! See the Olympics in the background. Gorgeous!!!


Izze and Owen had a great time climbing over the drift wood and digging in the sand.



Later on I pulled out the bubbles and they were a great hit until they got dropped in sand and didn't really work much after that.



Jack did great at the beach. It's crazy how much more relaxed you are with the second child. I remember taking Owen to the beach and I was freak about the sand. I didn't want him to eat it and I kept trying to brush him off and keep him clean. What a freak! Now I just let them get dirty and clean it up at the end...mush easier.


Of course Jack did have to taste every rock within reach and he crawled around in the sand and got all dirty. It was great!



What a beautiful baby boy!


Owen threw sand EVERYWHERE! There was sand in places there never should be. I joked that Owen now knows what it's like to be exfoliated down there. Poor guy!



I wish everyone could have enjoyed putting there feet in the sand today. If you didn't get too...take a vacation day tomorrow or call in sick (I won't tell) get yourself to the beach and soak up some sun!
Not too much though...
I put sunscreen on Owen, but his diaper moved down and this happened. It's his first sunburn and I feel awful. It doesn't seem to be bothering him, but we put some Aloe Vera on it so hopefully that will keep it from hurting.


2 comments:

Lori said...

I can't believe Owen got sunburned-- poor baby! Both of my girls have had pretty good burns, and I felt horrible, too. I'm now a certified FREAK about the sunblock, but I apparently missed a spot on Abby's face today, and she looks like someone hit her right below her eye-- but it seems to be just a little round spot of sunburn!

It was such a great time! I'm glad you took a picture of me-- maybe you can send it to me, and I'll add it to my blog-- I NEVER get press coverage! (he he!)

Let's do that again soon....

:-)

Furry Bottoms said...

I recognize those toes!