Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What A Difference A Week Can Make!

Like I said before with this pregnancy I am being cautiously optimistic. I talked with the PA that did my first ultrasound and she said I could come in as often as I want to check on the baby. This was SO nice to hear. I'm not being a paranoid freak about it, but I have been going once a week and it's really been nice and reassuring to see the baby.


The above picture is my first ultrasound when I was 7 weeks 2 days along. Just a teeny tiny blob really!


Then one week later the above picture is my second ultrasound taken at 8 weeks 2 days. Isn't that crazy how much bigger the baby got. Also you can totally tell it's a baby! I flipped the picture upside down so you could see it easier. You can see the head on top and the little arms and leg buds. It's SO amazing! I go to the doctor again this Friday for what will be my first "official" appointment. I will meet with the nurse and the doctor, have blood taken and get to see the baby again. After that I will probably go in for weekly ultrasounds until I am out of the first trimester....for me the peace of mind is worth it!

1 comments:

Melody said...

Wow! That is so amazing! Really looks like a real baby now!

That's so great that you have a compassionate doctor that will let you come in weekly for ultrasounds! That reassurance is HUGE!