Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Baby Gift!

 As Kim was getting closer and closer to her due date I was trying to figure out what to make her that would be special for her baby girl. Thankfully Pinterest came to the rescue! I found this idea and literally just copied it. The whole idea of downloading fonts for free was new to me and now I'm hooked. There are SO many cool fonts out there!!!


The first thing I did was create the document with Caitlynn's stats and then print it out on cardstock. Then Michael cut a chunk of wood we had down to size and I painted it white. Then I Mod Podged the paper to the wood.



I took sandpaper to the edges to expose some of the wood underneath the paint and then Mod Podged the top of the paper.
 

The final touch was some grey ribbon for hanging and it's done! I absolutely LOVE how it turned out...so much so I think I might make them for each of my kids and hang them next to their pictures on the gallery wall.

0 comments: