Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Wyoming Road Trip 2020 - Day 2

The second day of our road trip I woke up and got all ready before I got the kids up. They got dressed and then we went over to have our continental breakfast. This was one thing that was very different. They had a menu listed and there were two employees standing there with PPE on and we told them what we'd like and they got it for us. Actually it was kind of nice! We ate back at our patio and then I went to talk with the front desk. When I had gone on the computer to book our hotel stay for our return trip there weren't any room available for the C'mon Inn on Bookings.com. I wanted to check with the front desk since we'd had such nice time and wanted to stay at the C'mon Inn again. Sure enough they had rooms for us. We made the booking and I canceled our other hotel reservation. 

After all that we loaded up the van and were on our way! 



For our play time on this day we stopped in Bozeman, MT at the Dinosaur Playground. I love this park. We have stopped here a believe 3 times. It's such a fun park and has something for everyone to play on. 



It's also one of those places where it seems no matter how long you're there you keep discovery new things about it. 



My only complaint about it is that it's always HOT HOT HOT!!! 



That's Montana for you and we were stopped there to play around the middle of the day. 



I knew that the kids wouldn't be interested in eating yet so we went directly to the park first. 



Ella was so hot she was just taking a break in the shade. Us Washingtonians are just weenies when it comes to hot weather! 



Owen tried to think up a games for us to play, but he's a little heavy on rules. So much so it just takes all the fun out of the game. 



We tried playing and adjusting the rules, but I could tell that the kids were getting to their limit! 



It was time to get on the road! 



We left the park went to Burger King for lunch, stopped at the Lug & Jug for gas....had my credit card rejected. I found out later it was a safety measure since I forgot to let them know I was going on vacation. Oops! 

We got on the road and drove all the way to South Fork Lodge in the Big Horns in Wyoming. We rolled in there around 5:45pm! We got settled in and then went down to the main area to have dinner with everyone. At one point we went up to my Aunt Linda's cabin to check it out. 



Her cabin was the Wrangler cabin. It used to be used by horse Wranglers, but now they rent it out. It was up on a hill you could walk to it, but it was better to drive! 



We sat around and chatted and Aunt Linda poured me a drink in her cute little mug she brought. After that it was time to head down and get Zeke all ready to go spend the night at Ga-Ga & Pa's cabin. 


The one and only incident I had while driving this whole trip was on this second day when I was in the passing lane passing a semi-truck. A lady in the slow lane decided she wanted to pass the truck too. She about ran me off the road because she didn't look before changing lanes. I had to lay on the horn and she backed off and was flailing her hands around and saying "Sorry" over and over again. Thankfully nothing serious happened, but that sure did get my heart pounding. 

0 comments: