Monday, August 24, 2020

Wyoming Road Trip 2020 - Day 8

Day 8 

I knew prior to coming on this trip I wanted to do something special with each of the kids. My cousin Tiffany had been posting a bunch about the Axe House. I thought it would be a fun place to take the older boys, but knew it wouldn't work for Ella and Zeke. Whenever we go out to the ocean I always make a point to take Ella to this ceramics shop in town. I asked Zeke if he'd be interested and he said yes. So I found this cute shop online and decided to take the kids down on Wednesday, July 15th. 



Ella and Madison hit it off so well that I asked her Dad if he'd be okay letting her come with us and he said yes. So fun to make new friends in new places. 




Ella chose this cute rabbit. 



Zeke chose a race car. 



Madison chose a bunny. 

We were the only ones there in the main area of the shop. There was a whole group of summer camp girls in the back area though. How fun to get to go to summer camp at a ceramics shop!!



The girls both took their time. It was fun to see their different styles. Madison went with a nontraditional color for a bunny. 



Ella made hers more realistic. They both turned out super cute! 




Zeke was done super fast. To kill time he took my phone around and took pictures of the other already finished projects. 




I wasn't sure if I was going to paint anything, but it's way more fun to actually do something than it is to sit around waiting literally for paint to dry. :) I chose this chip and dip container. They had this speckled paint that was very cool so I used that. 



I painted in the tortilla chips and the jalapeño bits in the salsa. 



I always have loved to write on my painting projects. 



All done with his first ever ceramics painting! 



Cute rabbit! 



Muy bien! 



Cute little blue bunny! 

I thought our projects might be finished before we left to come home, but nope. They weren't going to be done for a week. Thankfully Ga-Ga & Pa were staying another week after we left. 

Our second fun thing we had planned for this day was going to the Rec Center. It only $13 for our whole family to go swimming for all day. We only came for one swim session, but we could have come for all 3 if we wanted too! 



The Rec Center was amazing! They had a whole kiddie section that was separate from the main activity pool. It's in the background of the above picture. There was a deeper activity pool with diving boards and basketball hoops in another area that we didn't even go to. Then there was the big activity pool where we were the whole time. There was a lazy river then went all around it and then in the middle were other activity areas. The kids stay at the lily pad area for the entire 1.5 hours. There were also 2 waterslides one that you used a tube for and one you didn't. The problem with those though was you couldn't breath when you were going down them it was so hot! The water was already really warm to begin with and then the slides went outside the building where it was really hot as well so it made for an unpleasant ride. I think we only went down the slides 3 times and then we just stuck with the activity pool the rest of the time. 



You can see the lazy river behind Zeke. There were different paths you could take as well. The rocky area behind Zeke was an area of the lazy river that was all bubbly like rapids. 



My sweet Ella Bean in her new bathing suit! 

After an 1.5 hours I was definitely done and ready to go.



After we ate dinner it was time for a Wyoming vacation tradition....hair cuts! 



Aunt Linda is the best! I do okay cutting Jack's hair throughout the year, but she is a pro at the fade that he wants. 



Handsome boy! 




Last year one of Ella's classmates accidentally cut a chunk of her hair in the back. It was so short there was no way we could fix it. Her hair finally had grown out enough where she could get it cut to the same length. This was Aunt Linda's face when I showed her the cut piece. It was still going to be a good portion of the hair cut off. 



Thankfully Ella was all for it. The tips of her hair where we had dyed it with Kool-Aid were fading pretty bad so it just didn't look as nice. 



Of course this is before her hair dried and bounced up with all her curls. It was a bit shorter than she wanted it, but that's the best thing about hair...it grows!!! 



It had been over 7 months since I had a haircut so it was time. I got about 3 inches cut off, but you couldn't really tell since my hair is so long. It sure felt healthier though! 

Another fun filled day for sure and the kids slept amazing that night after all that fun in the water! 

0 comments: