Friday, September 4, 2020

Wyoming Road Trip 2020 - Day 9

Day 9 

Our last full day in Gillette, Wyoming was you guessed it BUSY!!! 

Ella got invited to go with Madison and her Dad on a scavenger hunt put on by the library. They had to figure out clues and then solve a rhyme. They had a great time and thankfully got done around noon so they weren't out there in the super hot heat of the day. 


They had so much fun that Ella wanted to go play with Madison at her Grandma's instead of going to the park with Pa & the boys. 








Here's what my Dad said about their time at the park word for word...

Wool, we went to McDonald's before hand, and devoured our Footage in an enclosure for that purpose. Then the Boys Played and Played on the equipment there, for maybe a little shorter time than I expected. We had a look see at the War Memorial set up there next to the park, and headed back to Linda's. It was GREAT FUN for me, to spend the time with Owen, Jackson and Zekester!!! 



Jack took this picture of Zeke, Owen and Pa! 


While Pa was with the boys and Ella was with Madison, I got to go shopping with 2 of my favorite people in the world. Went to couple cute shops that have house decor, clothes, jewelry and more. At the first shop, I ended up getting a weekly calendar organization pad that is titled...Get your ducks in a row. I thought it was cute because there is a lady at church that just loves watching our family walk in to the building because the kids are always following behind us like ducks in a row. I also bought this cute Kitchen Rules sign. 



I love that this sign is in the shape of a Mason jar. 


After that we went to another shop where I bought myself a cute long sleeve shirt that is super comfy. Mom found Dad's Anniversary gift which I actually picked out. It was a sign that said, "Isn't She Lovely" It's the title of a Stevie Wonder song that my Dad and I danced to at my wedding. It's such a great song because Stevie wrote it for his daughter about how lovely she was even though he's blind and couldn't actually see her. Sniff sniff!!! Even though it wasn't a song that was about my Mom and Dad the memory was still linked to a wedding and my Mom is loveliest person ever to my Dad! Ahhhh!!! :) 

After that store we headed over to the furniture store so my Aunt could order two loveseats. By this point us ladies were hungry!!!! 



We decided to have Mexican food. This was the first time I'd eaten in an actual restaurant in months! It was so nice to be able to do normal things. The whole trip I'd been uploading photos to Instagram each night of our daily adventures. I took this picture and then realized that taking it that direction was going to cut off either Mom or I when I uploaded it to Instagram so I tried the other way! 



This did not go well! Hahahaha! 

The food was super yummy and we had such fun being together! 



After we got back Ga-Ga, Zeke, Ella and I went to Famous Footwear. Ga-Ga always buys the kids their new shoes right before school starts. Since they were having the BOGO sale it seemed like a good time to go. 



Ella was looking at all these Converse tennis shoes. I just knew they were going to get filthy in no time. Then I turned around and saw these super cute Sketchers and she amazingly thought they were cute. I swear whatever I think is cute she hates. I remember the same thing happening with me and my mom growing up though too! 




Zeke was so happy to get black Nike's again. He didn't really like his Under Armor shoes as well as his Nike's. 


After dinner it was time for me to take the older boys out for their special adventure. 


My cousin Tiffany had been posting on FB about the Axe House and I thought it would be fun, but I wasn't sure what the age limit was. I sent her a message on FB and she responded letting me know that it was for anyone 12 years and older. Yahoo! 



We went ahead and signed up online for a lane. It was super easy! We had to fill out a waiver form as well. 



My other cousin Dillon...Tiffany's brother also works at the Axe House. I can't remember if he was actually working or not that night, but he did come in to give us the run down on all the rules. 



I reserved the first time slot they had which was 5pm so we were the only ones there in the beginning. 



The boys loved the Shurikens since they stuck in the wood much easier than the axes did. 



They were having the time of their lives! 



Even though Tiffany wasn't working that night she came to hang out with us. There was this cool wall mounted Jukebox that Aunt Linda had play one of her favorite songs so she had to dance with Tiffy. 



I love my Auntie!!! 



Tiffy & Pa! 



I really wanted to throw axes more than the playing cards or Shurikens. 
 


Owen lovin' on his Ga-Ga! 



Got it to stick!!! 



So much fun! 



Even Auntie Linda got in on the action. Nice shot!!! 



Such a great time with my bigger boys! 

Later that night while the kids were upstairs in the media room at Aunt Linda's house we started having Alexa play all sorts of fun old music. I decided the kids needed to get in on the action so I had them come down and be with us. We ended up dancing in Aunt Linda's living room to the chicken dance and the Macarena. It was so great just being silly and having fun. Such a wonderful memory! 

0 comments: