Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Random Tidbits!

Just a few random things from the month of August. 

During the summer, Rachael and I would go to the high school and pick up a week of free lunches for the kids. It was nice, but sometimes we got so much of one thing we couldn't eat it all. That's what happened with a bunch of apples. We had so many I decided that I should make a pie. I had never made a pie before from scratch. Not that I was scared or anything I just don't really like pie that much. 




I was pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out and better still it tasted great! The kids even enjoyed it! 


Ga-Ga & Pa stayed in Wyoming at Aunt Linda's a week longer than the kids and I did. They were able to pick up our ceramic creations once they were finished in the kiln. 



Ella's bunny turned out so cute. I always love how shiny ceramic is after getting glazed and fired. 



Zeke race car turned out just like he wanted! 




My chips and dip platter turned out even better than I thought it would. So cute! 



I'm always looking for new books for Owen to read. He LOVES to read, but he is very particular about what he reads. He does not like to try new books or new genres. One day while visiting Kim and her kids she told me about these Hazardous Tales books. I crossed my fingers and put holds on all of them at library. Owen ended up LOVING them! They are graphic novels and all the boys ended up really enjoying them. The next series I got from the library was recommended by another friend so let's hope Owen likes these as well. 




While we were at Michael's family reunion in Oregon we had two things stolen from our mailbox. One was 2 Visa cards from Xfinity for switching our mobile service over to them. The other was something I ordered from Living Social. Almost everyone in our neighborhood has a locking mailbox so it was time for us to get one too. 




The mailman had told us the best locking mailboxes are from Fort Knox. He said they are the only one that he's never seen broken in to. The only thing is they are over $300! Ouch...no thanks! I honestly think just getting one that locks will deter someone. It's not going to be an open and snatch type of crime. It would cause a lot more notice and time for them to break into it. 




Michael got this one at Lowe's and he really liked it because it can be opened from the front and the back. I really like that it still has outgoing mail! 




I'm glad he didn't get a big ol' boxy one. I like the rounded shape. Of course just like any small home project it took longer than we thought since the part under the mailbox needed to be reworked a bit. Oh the joys of homeownership. So far it's been really nice having a locked mailbox, but the other day Zeke came inside and said that there were a bunch of maggots in the mailbox. They weren't maggots, but an ant colony did decide that our mailbox would make a great incubation area for all the ant babies. It was so gross! 




And the last little random thing....Owen thought it would be funny to use one of Ella's baby dolls accessories to make it look like Charlie was a DJ kitty! DJ Kitty in the house!!!! 

0 comments: