Sunday, September 6, 2020

Beach Day!

I attended MOPS for 8 years and then it was time to move on. All the kids were in school and I was working at the church so that chapter in my life closed. It was a sad day, but at the same time it was just a natural progression. There were a group of us ladies that were all roughly in the same boat with kids around the same ages. We decided to start meeting about once a month for Mommy & Mimosa Mornings. We'd all bring some sort of brunch food and drink Mimosas. It was a really nice way to stay connected to each other. 

Of course during the beginning of Covid we all were being careful, but then we all decided that we'd rather see each other. We met a couple times at different moms houses and thankfully the weather was nice enough to have all the kids play outside. On July 21st, we decided to get together and head to Pike Lake. One of the mom's lives in a neighborhood that has access to a private beach. 

We don't have any water type equipment...not even life jackets. The ones we had for the kids are all too small now. Thankfully friends are awesome and had extras they shared with us. 



There was one kayak and I think 4 or 5 paddle boards. 



The weather was absolutely perfect! 



The kids were a bit nervous at first so I took each of them out separately on the kayak. After that they were all for it! 



This was actually my first time riding a paddle board. I wanted to rent them in Maui, but we didn't end up having enough time. It was so much fun! I did end up slipping, but thankfully I just fell on my butt and not into the water...especially since I wasn't actually wearing a bathing suit! 




Owen loved the paddle board and spent most of his time on it. A few days before this the kids had been swimming at Ms. Rachael's house and Owen's back got torched! It was so bad! I had him wear a swim shirt and then his life jacket also protected him from getting even more sunburnt. 



We were the only ones on this beach for over an hour before a few teenagers showed up. It was so nice to have the whole area basically to ourselves. 




Zeke wanted to go out on the paddle board, but he didn't want to go by himself. One of the mom's older sons was happy to take him out. It was the sweetest thing! 



There was a dock out in the lake that was super fun for the kids as well. The kids were getting diving lessons. I gave a few kids rides out to the dock if they didn't want to swim out there. 




Us ladies were all set up on the shore enjoying the nice warm sun! We had all brought food to share and just munched the whole afternoon! 



I love these ladies!!! 



The kids all had a blast and did not want to go home. We were hoping to have another lake day before summer was over, but it just didn't work out. I can't wait until summer of 2021 to make more memories with these lovely ladies! 

0 comments: