Saturday, September 5, 2020

Wyoming Road Trip 2020 - Day 10 & 11

When we stayed at the C'mon Inn on our way out to Wyoming I made a reservation for our return trip on Friday, July 17th. I wasn't actually 100% sure if we would be coming home on that day...I thought we might actually stay until Saturday. The more I thought about it though it made sense to come home on Friday. It would mean that we'd get home on Saturday night and still have a whole day left of our weekend to spend with Daddy who wasn't able to come on the trip with us. 

Of course the kids had been sleeping in a bit the whole trip so getting them up early so we could get on the road wasn't their most favorite thing! 


Sleepy Heads!!! 







Loaded up and ready to go! 



The Crazy Mountains in Montana! 



Back at the pool at The C'mon Inn. It was much busier this time around. It was fun when I went to check in the guy at the front desk said, "Your back!" It was fun that he remembered me. There was a change from our first stay in that the workers were now all wearing masks. During our previous stay only the workers that were handing out the Continental Breakfast were wearing masks. 



I was SO tired!!! All those busy days and then that long drive. I just wanted to go to bed, but I toughed it out and let the kids swim. 




Sweet little fishes! 



Zeke Man is such a cute little guy he's always cold! 

Even though I was tired I was willing to sit there and let the kids swim longer, but there were these two boys that really took a liking to Ella and they would not leave her alone. They were very touchy feely and it actually made me a bit uncomfortable. I talked with Ella about it and ask her to tell them not to touch her, but it didn't seem to bother her. That bothered me even more since she was allowing these boys to touch her when I didn't feel it was appropriate. Shortly after that I decided it was time to get out of the pool. 



I've been working on my French Braid skills. It's definitely easier for me to braid Ella's hair now that it's shorter. 

The next day we slept in...we were beat! I don't think we got on the road until 9:30am, but we knew we were going to gain an hour once we crossed over into Pacific Time. We stopped at the $50,000 Silver Dollar so Zeke could buy the wolf he saw on the way out to Wyoming. I wanted Burger King so we tried to find one in Spokane of course there were none right off the freeway where we were so we ended up having to drive a bit. We also needed to go to the bathroom so we stopped at a gas station. This was the first time I was told that we needed a mask to be in a building. We all pulled up our shirts to cover our mouths. The first gas station we stopped at didn't have a public bathroom. We drove down the road and found another one. Then we went through the drive thru at Burger King and were back on the road. 

Our next stop was in Thorp where we wore our face shields so we could buy some products and get some candy from the gas station. 


All the many times I've driven over to Eastern Washington I have never stopped at the lookout points near Vantage. I thought it would be fun to stretch our legs a bit so we got out. 



It was so hot and so gorgeous! 



These sweet kiddos did so amazing on our road trip. It was truly a joy to take them! 



There was a couple standing over at this lookout point and I asked them if they would be okay taking our picture. Thankfully they said yes. 



We took two pictures one looking north and one looking south! 

When we got home Michael wasn't even home yet...he was out golfing with his friend. At first I was a little peeved. Here we gone 11 days he's not home to welcome us, but then I decided it was actually a good thing. I know that if he had been home we would have just plopped down on the couch to talk about our trip and then we would have been so tired we wouldn't have gotten back up to deal with the van. Since he was gone we just got right to work. By the time he got home we had completely finished unpacking everything. Of course in normal fashion I forgot to take a picture of us all once we arrived home. In all we were gone 11 days, we in 4 different states and drove over 2,300 miles! Great trip and great memories! 

0 comments: