Thursday, August 20, 2020

Wyoming Road Trip 2020 - Day 3 & 4

Day 3

Our cabin was the Moose Cabin! 



Here's the view from the gravel road below.



This is the view to the left right when you walk in the door. That main bed was mine. 



Right as you walked in the door there was a table for four. Those doors led to the kids' rooms. Ella and Zeke had the room on the left and Owen and Jack had the room on the right. 



Since Zeke was at Ga-Ga & Pa's cabin she got the bed all to herself that first night. 



Wake up sleepy head!!! 



Here's the view of the front door. We had a mini fridge and a Keurig. 



We had a nice bathroom.



With a shower. 




Down from our cabin was the main grassy area. The cabin in the background of this photo is where my Uncle Clif, Aunt Susan, cousin Troy, his wife Gena and there two youngest and my cousin Tony all slept. We spend the majority of our time just sitting right here visiting and moving wherever the shade took us! 




Ga-Ga & Aunt Linda! 




How Owen really feels about pictures! 



How he looks when I tell him to smile! Handsome boy! 




Pa needed an afternoon nap! :) 



Right next to the main grassy area was this little pond. This is where the kids spent the majority of their time just fishing away! 




 Aunt Linda treated all the kids to ice cream at the Lodge. 



They had these nice tables outside that were in the shade! 




In the grassy area there was a fun old covered wagon. Zeke was very curious about it so I told him to get up in there. It's so crazy to thing that people rode in those across the country. We have it so good now! 



These boys could fish all day long!!! 



Not once did my kids ask about any form of electronics! 




It was so peaceful and calm! 



The weather was gorgeous too! 


That morning we had eaten breakfast at the Lodge. For lunch we had hot dogs, but for dinner we decided to go back to the Lodge. 



Auntie Linda with her Sugar Bear! 



Ga-Ga with her Jackers! 



Zeke with his Pa! 



Ella and Alli! 

These girls are the cutest and I honestly think they resemble each other a lot! Zeke photo bombed them. 



He also photo bombs us here too! Silly guy! 



It was so nice to be out at a restaurant as a family. We hadn't done that in months! There was no social distancing, no masks...none of that silliness! 



After dinner we all drove across the highway to the campground to hang out at my cousin Marshall's campsite. He had brought his trailer up instead of staying at a cabin. Right behind his campsite was this awesome hill that was just screaming to be climbed. Of course the kids took right off. Pa and I went up after them. There was the coolest rock that looked like Pride Rock from the Lion King. It was amazing! 



My big 3! 



From that rock we could still look down and see the campsite....see Ga-Ga??

Pa headed back down, but the kids wanted to try to get to the top of the hill so off we went. 


The crazy thing is just when you think you'll get to the top of the hill you get there only to see that it keep going. The two boys on the left are my cousin Troy's boys...Tristan and Ryan. Jackson especially had the greatest time playing with Ryan the whole time we were up in the Big Horns! 



Ella Bean was done! Can't believe she was hiking in those sandals!!! 



The boys were going up so I ran up with them and there was still more to go! 



This is me and Owen cashed out!!! We are used to sea level air and we were at over 7,000 ft here. Out of breath for sure! 

I told the boys that we had a good run, but it was time to head back to the campsite! 



The kids played Red Rover! 



I love seeing them just play!!! 


While we were talking Owen asked about the ATV's, but Marshall didn't really want to take them out right then. Owen was okay with that and he went off to play. Then I noticed his wife Jamie get on one of the ATV's and back it out onto the road. 


She ended up taking Owen, Me, Jack, Zeke and I think either Ryan or Tristan on a ride, before the camp lady came out and said we couldn't be doing that anymore. At least most everyone got a ride before our fun got swashed! 





Hammock Time! 

My cousin Dillon showed me how to get in the Hammock upside down. It took me a few tries, but I got it! 



My cousin Tiffany French braided Ella's hair! 



We also roasted Marshmallows and Starburst! I don't even like Starburst, but if you've never roasted one you should give it a try. They get all melty and the flavor is so much more intense....they are yummy! 



Ga-Ga enjoying her burnt marshmallows! 

A little while later we went to the cabin and Jack got to sleep with Ga-Ga & Pa that night. 


Day 4



Another day for the kids to hang out at the ol' fishing pond!!! 



Ella and Alli were on a mission to clean out all the pine needles....good luck girls! 



Fishin' boy! 




It could be 90 degrees out and this boy would still wear a hoodie! 


One time I got up to go to the bathroom or do something and I came back and my Uncle had taken my chair. I just went over and sat in a different one and he was all bummed because I didn't make a big fuss about it. I said oh okay I'll make a fuss! I came over and sat on him and took our picture together! 



Love my Uncle Clif!!! 




Later that day Uncle Clif wanted to go over to Tie Hack Dam. I thought it would be fun. He could only take so many people since he had a truck, but we fit 4 in back so that both Ella and Jack could come. 



We went out on the Dam and I met a lady that was from Washington and now lives in Gillette Wyoming which is the exact opposite from me since I'm from Gillette Wyoming and now live in Washington. Small world! While we were there her husband caught a fish and let us hold it. I held it so the kids could touch it. Then we let it go....unfortunately it just floated belly up and then sunk. The guy felt back for throwing it back since it died, but there was no way we could have gotten it since the water was a good 20 feet down and he didn't have a net. 

That night Ga-Ga & Pa came back to our cabin to play Blank Slate. All the kids slept with me in our cabin so Ga-Ga & Pa could have a break! 

0 comments: