Saturday, August 22, 2020

Wyoming Road Trip 2020 - Day 6

Day 6

Our first full day in Gillette we took the kids to Bicentennial Park to play. 



Another rock star park! Wyoming knows how to do parks right! 



They had these fun spinning bars. 




We had just watched a Mark Rober video on how this all works....when your arms are outstretched you go slower, but if you pull yourself in tight you go faster. It's just like ice skaters when they spin really fast. It's all physics it's so cool! 



It was SOOOO hot that day. I felt like I was roasting when I was in the sun. These cute bathing beauties decided to rest in the shade! 



Oh this merry-go-around! 

I was trying to be a child and have fun with my kids, but what this merry-go-round taught me is that I'm almost 40 years old and I should stay in my lane! I still have a dark spot on my shin to prove it and it's been over a month. 




Owen is a merry-go-around pro! 





It was good for these kiddos to get out and play. The last time we came to Wyoming I got frustrated with them because I felt like all they did was watch TV and play on the Xbox at Aunt Linda's. We didn't really go and do anything though....she used to live in Cody, Wyoming and there wasn't as much to do there. Here in Gillette there is plenty to do! I made sure that we had something planned every day so that when we got back to Aunt Linda's house I didn't mind if they wanted to chill out and watch TV. 





It really was a nice balance for them and me! 



This picture was a miracle! Alli and I were swing at different speeds and we weren't in sync with each other except for a fraction of a second. I ended up getting this perfect shot! 


Later that night we went and visited the cemetery where my grandparents are buried and my Uncle Lee. 




My Aunt Susan had bought these cute Angel solar lights to put next to the grave. They even change colors when they light up. Unfortunately we'll never get to see them light up since the cemetery closes at dusk every day. 



3 of the 5 kids....Ga-Ga, Uncle Clif & Aunt Linda



Just a few feet away is where Uncle Lee is. The grave also has Aunt Linda's info on it just minus the date of death of course. It was hard seeing that there and seeing Aunt Linda's name on it too. Knowing one day she'll be buried right along side him. Of course I cried being there. I miss them all so much! I have faith I'll see them again one day!

0 comments: