Monday, July 9, 2007

Solid Food....well sort of



As promised here are some pictures of Owen trying out rice cereal. As you can tell by the look on his face he's not too thrilled. The first time I fed him I mixed the cereal with breast milk and I think my milk just has issues once it's not inside me anymore. I had pumped the milk just that morning and stored it in the frig, but it just didn't smell right. So we decided to mix formula with his rice cereal instead. Since formula tastes different than breast milk he's not too keen on that either. This morning he kept pushing my hands away and spitting out the cereal. My friend Julie gave me some good advise and told me to just let him play around with it and see what he does. So this afternoon I'm going to strip him down to his diaper and put the bowl of rice cereal in front of him and let him put his fingers in it and taste it by himself. We'll see how that goes, messy I'm sure!

0 comments: