Monday, July 2, 2007

Update On Rolling Over

Owen has pretty much mastered rolling over from front to back, however, yesterday he rolled over from back to front for the first time. He only did it once, but he kept trying to do it again, but couldn't remember how he did it in the first place. He's a champ at laying on his side, but I think he gets scared or something and then rolls back to his back. This morning when he woke up I went to get him and he was on his tummy, but he was swaddled and it's a lot easier to roll over when your arms aren't in the way. That really freaked me out though. Since his arms are restricted he doesn't really have help to roll himself off of his tummy once he gets there. The doctors are pretty insistent that babies sleep on their back. I think once they do start rolling on their tummy and can freely choose to sleep like that it's okay, but since Owen just started rolling over it worries me that he can't get back. So starting tonight he is not sleeping in the Swaddle Me blanket anymore. We've tried this one before and it wasn't good. He wakes up around 1:30 and cries and cries. He's been such a good sleeper too. Most of the time he sleeps 10 - 11 hours straight every night and the last couple of days when he wakes up after sleeping 10 hours he eats and then goes back to bed for another 2 hours. I just hope he doesn't have too hard of a time sleeping not only for his sake, but for Michael and I as well.

1 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

You know Owen is gonna grow up to be a genius. He is the most even tempered baby I have seen! I loved it though, when he was mad-screaming without the tears. Not hurt-screaming or hungry-screaming, but mad-screaming. It was the cutest thing ever!!!!