Monday, July 14, 2008

Fever

Yesterday afternoon when Owen woke up from his nap he was on fire!!! The rest of the afternoon he was not a very happy guy at all. We put him to bed around his normal bedtime which is 8pm. When I went to bed at 10:20ish I heard him crying and I could tell he wasn't going to go back to sleep. I went in and got him and he was scorching hot again. We gave him some Infant Tylenol to help the fever go down and we undressed him since his clothes were soaked. We decided he could just sleep with us. It took him about 2 hours to fall asleep so that was around 12:30. For some reason I decided that it would be a good time to actually take his temperature right about then (sleep deprivation does weird things to you) so I went to get the thermometer. When I did Owen sat up in bed and cried once and then basically fell right back down onto the mattress. By the time I got back to the bedroom it looked like he was sleeping again. I rubbed his back and couldn't tell if he was breathing. It totally freaked me out. I of course flipped on the light and woke everyone up. He was fine he was just sleeping. Since we were up we took his temperature...it was 102. We gave him some more Tylenol and went back to bed. We woke up many more times throughout the night with Owen dry heaving and then Jack woke up to eat around 2:30. Luckily Jack didn't wake up again until 7:30! Anyway Owen's fever has broke now, but he's still not back to normal. He did take a 3 hour nap in his crib this morning so I think that helped a little.

1 comments:

Melody said...

Oh.....those nights with a sick little one are SO long! The next day is even longer.....taking care of two babies being totally sleep deprived. We've had our share of nasty bugs this past year. We've been healthy for about a month now.....hoping to keep the trend going : ) Praying that Owen will get well quickly, and that the rest of your family will remain healthy.