Monday, July 21, 2008

In Love


I know this might sound weird to most people, but I was not instantly in love with Jack the moment I saw him. It wasn't like it was with Owen. I've heard people say that they were worried they wouldn't have enough love in their hearts to go around once the second child got here, but then when they saw the baby their heart just grew. I didn't have that happen. Not to say I rejected my child. I loved Jack because he was mine and God had blessed me with him, but I wouldn't say I was "in love" with him. Not sure if that makes sense. It was really hard for me in the beginning because I felt like I was betraying Owen when I was taking care of Jack. I remember feeling totally guilty that I had to pay attention to another baby. I don't think I had postpartum depression or anything, but who know. I guess I felt as if Jack was more of a job than a blessing in the beginning. With that said...when Jack was 5 weeks old I totally and completely fell head of heels in love with him. He is such a precious precious baby. I love every bit of him. The sweet faces he makes, his cute whimpery cries, the way he follows me with his eyes when I move around the room. He's is such a joy and I'm so thankful that I'm finally in love with my second baby boy and I don't feel guilty about it anymore!

0 comments: