Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Real Life - Momentous Occasions

We were so young...18 years old, but I was technically 3 months older than my mom when she got married. You know I used that as part of the argument when she mentioned that we were too young to marry. Actually all of our parents were thrilled that Michael and I wanted to get married. Even though we were so young. May 8th 1999 was a terrific day. The weather was beautiful and everything went as planned. It was my dream wedding. I remember that a family friend video taped the wedding and he asked us if we were ready to be married and we both said we just wanted to get on with the wedding and get it over with. We had been engaged for over a year so we were so excited to actually start our lives together as husband and wife.
On June 3rd 2006 we flew to San Francisco for a 24 hour vacation with our friends Micah & Kim. It was probably the most packed fun filled 24 hours of my life. It was great! We didn't know at the time that I was 4 weeks pregnant with Owen.


This picture was taken about 13 hours before Owen was born. It was Sunday 01/14/07. Michael and I went to church, but left early because we wanted to watch the Seahawks game, I know we're evil!!! We went to my parents house and my Dad took this picture. At 2:40am the next morning my water broke.


Michael got to hold Owen first since I had to have a C-Section. I remember watching him change right before my eyes into a Daddy. It still makes me cry as he cried that morning holding his son.


This is the day my brother found out he was an Uncle. It was June 11th 2007. I stopped in to see him at his work. I'm so happy that one of his co-workers had a camera phone so we could capture this moment.

Of course there are many more momentous occasions that have happened in our lives like Jack being born of course, but since I've been blogging about him a lot lately I thought I would just share these.

1 comments:

Ryan Grant said...

Hey Sis-

Seeing Owen for the first time was definitely a momentous occasion for me as well, and for the whole family in general!