Monday, November 24, 2008

Big Boy Bed / Moving Things Around

For the last 4 nights Owen has been sleeping in his big boy toddler bed. I'm so proud of him!!! We decided to see if he was ready again because he's been really enjoying going to bed. He has actually asked to go to bed when he gets tired. It's so cute when we lay him down he waves with both hands and says night-night. He's been so good about not getting out of his bed too. He's only gotten out twice when I laid him down for his first nap after we switched him from the crib.

We are now in the process of moving the boys into the same room. We've already painted over Jack's nursery and it's become the office and Jack is in his new room, but it's a disaster right now because it's where we were storing everything for the office until we could get paint on the walls. Michael finished painting today so he'll move all the office furniture over tomorrow and then we'll paint Owen & Jack's new room and get it all ready and then move Owen over. Jack is still waking up once a night anywhere from 3am - 5am so I'm not sure how that's going to effect Owen's sleep. I really want to get them sleeping together young though so they won't even know anything different.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Hey!!!!

Melody said...

Hope the transition continues to go smooth!

I was amazed at how well my kiddos adjusted to being in the same room together. Norah still wakes up at least once in the night....sigh. But Elliott doesn't even stir when I go in to get her. I was waiting to put them in the same room until she was sleeping through the night, but I decided that was NEVER going to happen...HA! Really though, if I had know how easy it was going to be, I would have done it months ago.