Thursday, February 24, 2011

God Is Faithful!

After over 15 months of being unemployed, 1 disappointing job (insurance sales), 1 ridiculous job offer, 2 disappointing job interviews, countless hours of worrying and too many prayers to count said on our behalf....God has provided a job for Michael!

Michael will be starting his new job at the King County Water District on March 1st....that's THIS Tuesday! To say we are thrilled is an understatement. God is so awesome!

I always knew that there would be an end date to this trial in our lives, but it's so hard waiting for it to get here. It's also hard knowing what is the right thing to do. During this time Michael and I have gone through so many different scenarios trying to figure out what was the best thing for our family. Should he go to school, should I go to work so he can go to school, should we sell our house, should Michael join the National Guard, should should should! I can't tell you how refreshing it is to just kick all those 'should's' to the curb!!!

Michael's work is going to be consistent...not dependant on weather. He will be working a normal 40 hour week, his commute is 20 minutes from home, he gets paid vacation (after a year), paid sick leave, insurance coverage for all of us, 401K and the best thing is there is room for him to move up! It's everything we hoped for!

Michael is starting out being paid a little less than they normally do since he doesn't have experience in the field, but this actually turned into a blessing. I just received paperwork from DSHS that said we were approved for medical (not sure if we'll keep it since we get it through Michael's job) and food benefits for another year unless something changes. They specifically listed an amount and if we go over that amount in month income we would lose our benefits. Michael brought home a document that shows what he's going to make in a month and he's going to make $30 less than the maximum amount we could make before we would lose our benefits! It's going to be so nice to still have that help. I am looking forward to the day when we don't need to use state assistance, but it would have stunk if he had made $30 too much and then not gotten the benefits since $30 a month would not have made up for the benefits we receive now. Michael will have a review after 6 months so hopefully he'll get a nice raise then!

We are ready for this new chapter in our lives and I know with this new chapter comes new challenges. We've all become accustom to Daddy being home 24/7...me especially! I have SO enjoyed getting to run out and do errands without kids or with just one of them. If I'm busy nursing Ella, Michael will start making lunch or dinner. He has been the best most helpful husband/daddy during this time. I will miss him being here and the kids will too. I know there will be an adjustment period for all of us. Since Michael was laid off before Ella was born I really have never parented 3 kids by myself and now 3 days a week I have 4 kids! Pray for me....seriously! :)

Next week will be interesting and I know I just need to relax and tell myself everything is going to take longer and breath!

1 comments:

Melody said...

God is SO good! I am so happy for you guys! What an answer to prayers!

I will be praying for you all as you make this adjustment. Especially you!! It will be trying, for sure. But God is faithful and he will provide for you in this situation as well.

What an exciting new chapter for your family!