Monday, February 28, 2011

Winter Blast!

We were SO happy to see the snow last week. The boys had been asking God for more snow on and off since we had snow in November. I'm really glad that they had their prayer answered.

This was Ella's first time going out in the snow since she's been walking. My friend Erin gave me this super adorable snowsuit and I'm so happy Ella got to use it once.

We don't have snowsuits for the boy so we just do layers. They each had three layers on the bottom.

Hats, hoods and gloves....let's go Mama!


Almost ready!

Ella was already spent by this time! First off she still has a cold...she's teething and she absolutely despises the boots I put her in!


First time in the snow....I think the face says it all!


Look at all this snow Mama!!!


Jack isn't the most coordinated child on level ground so on the snow he's just an accident waiting to happen!


Let's go down to the backyard Mama!


My house is all snowy!!!


I love how the snow collects on each and ever little branch.


Owen had fun going down the slide for the first time. There was actually so much snow he got stuck at the end.



Happy slide time!



Ella was ready for her nap so we came up to put her to bed. I tried to get her to stand up, but she just wanted to lean on me.
Finally I just walked away and she DID NOT want to fall and touch the snow so she stood up!


After I tucked Ella in we went back out and came down to the backyard again.

I love the way the snow looks all untainted!



I was watching the boys from the deck when all of a sudden I heard crying....


Poor Jack had slipped climbing the ladder to go down the slide. He ended up hitting his chin...twice! See the red line under his bottom lip! He had a mouthful of blood so I have his spit it out!
Blood in the snow!

After that the snow had pretty much lost it's luster so we came and had snack!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those lucky kids. I barely got any snow at my place. And I had to work so I didn't get to play in it.

It does my heart good to see them out smiling and having fun though. I'm glad you got that experience.