Saturday, September 1, 2012

Buffalo, Wyoming!

On Tuesday morning after breakfast we left Gillette, Wyoming headed for Thermopolis, Wyoming. On the way there we made a stop in Buffalo, Wyoming because a certain 3 month old needed to eat. This is when our smart phones really can in handy...Michael would tap the local button and find a park in the area. Best thing ever!
 
 
We found this cute little park right in the middle of town. What I didn't take a picture of was the HUGE and I do mean HUGE pool that was to the right of this play area. It was so awesome for such a small town and to top it off it was free!!! If we had had more time we would have absolutely went swimming there.
 
 
While Michael took the kids out to stretch their legs I got to chill out in the air conditioned van with this cutie!
 
 
Sweet and sassy Big Sis!
 
 
Wee!!!
 
 
All smiles!
 
 
Zeke even got in on the fun!
 
After playing around for a bit we decided to walk up the hill that was behind the play area to see if we could find a bathroom. What we found was a bridge that took us across a creek.
 
 
Throwing rocks in water absolutely tops my kids list of fun things to do.
 
 
Zeke loves being in the action.
 
 
After throwing rocks for a while and trying to make sure the kids didn't fall in the river it was time to go check something else out.
 
 
Just across the creek we found an even more awesome park!
 
 
There were actually a totally of 4 different play areas within walking distances from our van. It was crazy how awesome the parks were in this little small town. Loved it!
 
When I was planning this vacation I knew that I could plan for most things with the exception of Zeke's appetite. I knew that he would need to nurse and it would mean we were going to have stop, but I didn't know where those stops would be. When I think about the trip as a whole these random stops were actually my favorite part of the whole trip. We had to stop, Zeke had to eat and we had to make the best of it and we did! It was so fun exploring places that we most likely wouldn't have if we didn't have to make those stops.

0 comments: