Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lake Yellowstone!

Holy Cow it's hard to blog about a week long vacation when you go camping a week after getting back. Also my computer has been lagging a bit so that hasn't made blogging very fun! Ugh...sometimes electronics just plain stink!
 
Anyways...
 
On Wednesday morning we left Thermopolis and headed for Yellowstone National Park. We decided that instead of heading to our hotel we would do the tourist stuff first and then come back and check in.
 
 
So we drove right on by Lake Yellowstone and went to see the sights.
 
 
This is the Dragon's Breath...it makes this cool noise and smokes like a dragon is hiding in the cave. I'm pretty sure this is a huge hit with every boy that enters the park.
 
 
This is a shot of the Hayden Valley one of the best place to see wildlife. It is GORGEOUS!
 
 
 
Once we drove pass the Hayden Valley we went to the Lower Falls.
 
After checking out the falls we started to head back to hotel since we had dinner reservations at 5pm.
 
Our first night we stayed at the cabins at Lake Yellowstone. Jack lovingly referred to them as 'The Shed'.
 
 
I think they looked more like shipping containers, but they were really nice inside. It was also nice not having to tell the kids to be quiet since we were in our own little house.
 
 
Steph I borrowed these two pictures of the cabins from your FB pictures since I didn't take any!
 
 
Here is the actual Lake Yellowstone Hotel.
 
For me it had the same feel as an old time cruise ship and in a way it reminded me of The Overlook Hotel from The Shining.
 
 
There was a little patch of beach across from the hotel that we took the kids so they could play in the sand. Michael did the same thing the night before with the older boys while I stayed at the cabin with Ella and Zeke. I wasn't really concerned with them walking around, but then once the sun went down and I was reading the brochure thing that was in the cabin (no TV's in Yellowstone) that talks about you know the fact that there is wildlife like bears that could maul you...I got a bit freaked out. I ended up waiting until almost 9:30pm and then I locked Ella and Zeke in our cabin...they were both sleeping. I walked to my parents cabin which was only about 50ft away (no cell service either) and asked my Dad if he would drive around and find them. Then when I walked back to the cabin Michael and the boys were there. I had to run back to my parents cabin and tell them. I was so freaked out that my husband and kids were being mauled to death by a bear!
 
 
Enjoying the hotel sights right before we set out for our next destination.
 
 
Such a cute couple!
 

My traditional water picture with Michael. I have pictures of Michael next to water in our dining room from all sorts of different locations - Sequim, Wa - Friday Harbor, Wa - Santa Monica, Ca - San Francisco, Ca and now Yellowstone. Michael loves the water and hopefully one day we'll have a house or a cabin on the water somewhere.
 

0 comments: