Thursday, September 13, 2012

Welcome Home!!!

We might have only been on vacation for 1 week, but Ga-Ga, Pa, Uncle Ry & Aunt Stephie were on vacation for 3 weeks! On Friday the day they got home the kids and I needed to head down towards Ga-Ga & Pa's house to take our van to the dealership so I figured why not stop in and put a Welcome Home sign for them.
 
 
First we rolled out the big long butcher paper in the much more spacious since we moved the island kitchen. Then we got to work...
 
 
Owen's very first heart!
 
 
Owen's 'Welcome'...love how his 'C' is backwards!
 
 
Then his 'Home' which actually came before his 'Welcome'. We'll work on word placement this year.
 
 
Then I asked the kids to tell me a little message and I would write it for Ga-Ga & Pa. It's hard to see with the flash, but Owen had me write, "We love you with all our mights...we hope you are not at work!"
 
 
Jack was very thankful for their new coats that Ga-Ga had bought them.
 
 
He also drew batman's face with two big eyes! Looks a bit more like spiderman to me, but he was sure it was batman.
 
 
Here is Ella's contribution...pink (of course) scribbles.
 
 
This is what she wanted me to write!
 
 
And here is the sign all hung up in Ga-Ga & Pa's garage. It really was a perfect place to hang it up so they saw it right when they opened the garage door, but I did originally want to put it in the house. Unfortunately when we got to their house that is when I discovered that I don't have a key to their house and that door behind the sign that is not normally locked....yeah locked! We had a whole fun day planned of playing in the backyard with the slip and slide one last time, but it wasn't meant to be. Thankfully I had called a friend who lives in Graham to see if she would come hang out with me and when I called to tell her we couldn't get in she invited us to her house and the kids got to play on their slip and slide. It was such a fun, impromptu time! Thanks Christina! Can't wait to see you and the kids again!

0 comments: